PDA

View Full Version : It's Not Their Fault...

08-08-2002, 10:48 AM
We call them calling stations, maniacs, one lucky SOB, and sometimes we lump them all together and refer to them as the Clueless Solders of Texas Hold'em. Then with this superior knowledge of who they are and what kind of card selection they play. We still find room in our hearts to hate them when they beat us. This has always perplexed me, even in War there should be a little compassion, don't you think? When faced with defeat, many Hold'em Generals will verbally whip lash the winner into humiliation or into a dual verbal confrontation. How silly is that?

How sad for the poker community at large. :-( Verbal confrontations hurt the image of the game and is truly uncalled for. :-( Would you verbally humiliate a mentally or physically challenged person? Of course not! Well yelling at the winner for playing inferior cards is the same thing grasshopper. It's not their fault. They would love to play only the solid hands that your patience allows you to wait for. But, unfortunately they can't. They have a predisposition to certain cards that forces them to play a hand you would describe as RAGS. It's not their fault. Yes, they have read the same poker books you have read, their not stupid. They answer to a higher power that leads them to decisions we will never understand. Because grasshopper IT'S NOT THEIR FAULT!

Being retired from the Hold'em battlefields for several weeks now, I have discovered why It's not their fault. The reasoning is so obvious that it amazes me that someone hasn't written about this before. But, sometimes you must take a break from war. Step back to see the forest that you couldn't see before. Because the trees were blocking your sight and the forest was camouflaged.

It's not their fault, they are driven by their deoxyribonucleic acid. Their molecular model makes the choice for them. A blonde doesn't choose her hair color does she? Well maybe that was a bad choice for a comparison. Some things we don't get to choose, why do some people have brown eyes and others have blue eyes. Genes! Brown is a dominate gene, blue is a recessive gene. DNA (deoxyribonucleic acid) is where the inner voice comes from, that propels the Clueless into beating impossible odds. They choose recessive two card combinations because they must, their DNA tells them and sometimes the DNA is right. So don't get mad, be glad, you got the dominate gene. Just not the winning hand.

SPM,...play long and prosper...

08-08-2002, 03:10 PM
This is a repost I made under an alter-ego some time back. I apologize the the original Calling Station who here posts here regularly under that pseudoname.

We live to suck out and suck out to survive. You act as if it takes no talent or patience to throw in chips hand after hand, hour after hour and yes day after day. Then when we hit our miracle card and jam it in to you we are forced to listen to pre-flop raisers and math whizzes chastizing our play or perhaps an ocassional though insincere "Nih Han Sur".

You think it is an easy life? Well then you try it for a while!!! All we get is the ocassional rush of adrenalin when our river card arrives. Few people pay us off as you do, HEY,Wait a minute! You may have calling station potential as well. Just try redirecting your anger at your chips instead of us and it just may work. C'mon give it a try, you too may grow up to be a calling station!!!

Perhaps you weak tight players have nothing better to do than practice mucking your cards hand after hand but we crave ACTION!! Every hand, every flop, each and every turn and OH that lovely river! It is the penultimate experience, to see the way your eyes glaze over and sweat rolls off your brow. Upon ocassion I swear I really do see steam flowing from your ears. That is the reaction we calling stations love!!

Nearly all of us are or have been quite finacially successful in life and see little or no value in money. It is the thrill of the hunt that we thrive on. That lovely 2 or 3 outer hits and then the inevitable reaction.

Signed,

Your favorite Calling Station

aka Jimbo

PS: Any semblance to any poker player either currently living or demised is purely coincidental.

08-08-2002, 04:33 PM