PDA

View Full Version : When to rebuy?

RyanR
08-23-2003, 12:27 AM
I'm playing in a 20 person tournament tomorrow in which everyone starts with 1500TC. There are two rebuys that you can take at any time (doesnt matter how many chips you have). Each rebuy is worth an additional 1500TC. I'm definately going to take both rebuys, but when is the best time to do so? My usual tactic is to wait and see what develops, making my rebuy after someone doubles up to make sure I can cover them and the second If I get low on chips, or right before the end of fourth round. Would it be better to make both rebuys right away? or to wait until I'm out of chips? All input is appreciated!

Ryan

Al_Capone_Junior
08-23-2003, 03:48 AM
I don't know what the optimal strategy is here, but I'd rebuy my first one immediately, so that I could have the most chips possible to try and bust out my opponents who have also rebought early, and so I could muscle the table. I'd save the second one till just before the rebuy period ends as long as I was doing well, but would rebuy sooner if it meant the difference between busting out or not.

al