PDA

View Full Version : I'm never amazed at their hands

rjc199
08-22-2003, 09:18 PM
I think I'm getting the hang of being properly aggresive (thanks to this forum). I've learned that the way most people play is idiotic. Take a look at this and critique my play.

Party 0.5/1

Table: typical loose-passive. There is one pre-flop maniac to my right. He raises everytime he gets an ace, he raises with A4o and the like.

I'm dealt KQo in the button. Folded to Mp1 who calls, fold, Maniac in the CO raises (obvious ace), I cold call, sb calls, bb folds.

Flop [4, 6, K ] rainbow.
Sb checks, Mp1 bets, maniac calls, I raise, sb cold calls, mp1 calls, maniac calls.

Turn [ 3s ] there are now 2 spades on board
checked to me, I bet, sb calls, mp1 calls, and maniac calls

River [ 6 ] not a spade
checked to me and I bet, sb folds, rest call

Showdown.
mp1 had A4o
maniac had A7o

I won 14 BB's

A few hands later:

On button dealt [ Td, 8d ]

Only one caller in front and I call (I probably should have folded as I don't have enough people to pay me if I win). Sb calls and BB checks.

Flop [ Qh, 9h, Jh ]
Well I got my flop but it is all one suit. That sucks.
checked to the EP caller and he bets. In my experience this means he doesn't have teh flush, because somebody would wait until later to bet. I raise him. Everybody folds he calls.

Turn [ 2s ]
He checks and I bet.

River [ Qs ]
He bets into me and I simply call fearing a better hand (flush or boat). In hindsight why would he bet into a possible flush without a boat?

He shows down Q2o for the miracle backdoor trash fullboat! He only won $5.50 A bad beat.

Questions: Should I have raised the river (figuring him for hitting trips) or was I right in fearing a flush/boat?

Mike Gallo
08-22-2003, 09:32 PM
Questions: Should I have raised the river (figuring him for hitting trips) or was I right in fearing a flush/boat

If you raise usually only a better hand will call...or reraise.

Michael