PDA

View Full Version : fire called boris

Ray Zee
08-22-2003, 10:16 AM
we have many new fires in montana from the storms. wind is flaring them up a bit. one new fires is near hungry horse dam and the town. it is merging with another fire from up doris creek, they will call it boris after it merges. lucky boris. so far 400,000 acres are burned in montana this year and the traditional start of the fire season is right about now.

missoula is loaded with fires and now lincoln where the unibomber lived has two huge fires on each side of it.

Ed I
08-22-2003, 11:07 AM
Stage 2 Air Alert. No relief from bad air quality. Health officials recommend avoiding outdoor activities. I went to fish the Marshall Mtn spot yesterday that Boris told me about. Left, there were 3 cars parked at access. Did see rising fish from road. People just won't stay indoors, grrrr. I'll check it out again today. I am limiting the distance I travel to fish now and nobody has ever accused me of overexcerting.

Boris
08-22-2003, 12:04 PM
When I worked for the Flathead Hotshot crew one of our projects was to build a fire break around the Coram experimental forest. After we got done with that we were supposed to build a fire break around hungry horse. We never got to the second project because we were either too busy saving California or too lazy.
It could get alot worse. I was pretty surprised when the north fork went up in flames so early in the summer. you guys will probably have fires going until the first snow.

Ray Zee
08-23-2003, 09:08 AM
the north fork fire hit 40,000 acres. and the roberts fire is about the same size. it has burned right down along side of mcdonald lake north of the homesites. burnt out all of howe ridge and wooded area near apgar. also along camas road. and all across the river from west glacier.
the fires around hungry horse are still small and we just got some light rain so they may get a handle on them. but its windy agin so who knows