PDA

View Full Version : A Question, a Hand and a Story

Festus22
08-22-2003, 08:15 AM
A QUESTION
I see a few recommendations here regarding taking notes on other players. I've tried with entries such as loose, tight, what hands were raised PF, checkraising tendencies and so forth. Frankly, I've abandoned the practice as all it did was to confuse my real-time situational decisions. How many of you really take notes and use them during your play? If so, what kind of notes are you taking and how are you using them?

A HAND
$0.5/1 Paradise this morning. A-A in small blind. UTG open raises, MP and LP calls. I 3 bet, BB folds and all call. Flop [Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif]. I bet, UTG raises, both MP and LP call, I 3 bet, all call. Turn [Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif] T /images/graemlins/club.gif. I bet, UTG folds, MP and LP call. At this point, I have MP and LP on a decent queen and/or a flush draw. River [Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif] 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Should I bet or check here? I bet, MP raised, LP called and I called. I know there's 20 BB's in the pot at this point and I know if I'm only 95% sure I should call but I KNEW I was beat. Does anyone lay this down here? MP turns over Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (called 3 bets PF) for the rivered flush and LP showed Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif (another solid 3 bet PF hand) for flopped 2 pair. I guess I was sucking hind teet here.

A STORY
Paradise $0.5/1 last night. Dealt A /images/graemlins/heart.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif in MP. UTG+1 limps, I raise, button, BB and UTG+1 call. Flop [Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif]. The broadway from hell. BB and UTG+1 check, I bet, button calls as does the BB. Turn [Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif] 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. I'm thinking maybe not all is lost here. BB checks, I bet, button folds and BB calls. River [Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif] A /images/graemlins/club.gif. BB checks, I bet, BB checkraises and of course I'm thinking chop city with his K-something so I call. He turns over K /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif for the flopped straight flush!!! I guess if you play this game long enough you see everything. Why he didn't C/R the turn, I'll never know. Assuming he did, what would my play be then? All in a day's play. Anyone else have any good ones to share?