PDA

View Full Version : You know you're the live one when..

Vehn
08-21-2003, 04:43 PM
/bored

..when you sit down, the 4 players to your right simultaneously ask for a seat change.

..there's a chip runner sweating you.

..all the other players at the table want to make the game higher stakes, but there's an equivalent game with open seats right next to you.

..you get up to take a break at your big blind, and when you return 3 minutes later its just in time for your big blind again and everyone is looking at you.

..when you look at the lobby in an online room, your table has 3 times as many waiting as the other tables at your limit.

..when you walk into the card room, all of the floor people starting dialing their cell phones.

..you've never paid for a beer at the table.

Ulysses
08-21-2003, 06:34 PM
...you're next up on the list, players ask the floorman to put in an extra seat - and nobody objects.

...you win a big NL pot and half the table buys more chips.

Rushmore
08-21-2003, 09:48 PM
...you get up to leave, and they start turning the lights out.

...you suck out at the river and EVERY player, without exception, says, "Nice hand."

...you call for all of your chips at the WSOP with pocket 3's on a flop that missed you.

...Shana Hiatt and Vince Van Patten call you "The John Daly of Poker."

Wake up CALL
08-21-2003, 10:54 PM
"...you call for all of your chips at the WSOP with pocket 3's on a flop that missed you. " and get paid 2.5 million for the incredible read but berated by players who don't even have the 10K entry fee. Bet his banker doesn't think he is a live one.

Mikey
08-21-2003, 11:01 PM
NOW THAT IS GREAT POST!!!!!!

baggins
08-22-2003, 06:02 AM
... the dealer deals himself a hand.
... when you get up to leave, your opponents pressure you to stay, even offering to play with one of their holecards exposed if you stay.
... you've ever had a Royal Sampler

CrackerZack
08-22-2003, 09:55 AM

Rushmore
08-22-2003, 11:06 AM
I knew I was gonna get that. It's OK. As we've already seen, there's a fairly wide spectrum of opinions on that hand.

Apparently, many people don't have the $10K buyin. That's what those Pokerstars satellites were for.

Did anyone get in that way?

P.S. Just for the record, I DO have the $10K buyin. I just don't have the time to close down my business for long enough to go out and play the damned thing (good help is, well, impossible to find).

Which is NOT, of course, to say that there would actually be any POINT to my doing so. Just wanted to point out that the buyin is not the issue.

Rushmore
08-22-2003, 11:17 AM
Why pick on my opinion about the God-forsaken MM-Boyd hand (granted, I shouldn't have brought it up /images/graemlins/crazy.gif), when I said that really funny thing about John Daly??!

Or maybe it wasn't so funny.

Time to regroup.

slamdunkpro
08-22-2003, 12:01 PM
I guess thats better than being called the "Vince Van Patten of 2+2 posters" /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Rushmore
08-22-2003, 12:46 PM

JasonM
08-28-2003, 06:57 PM