PDA

View Full Version : Back to back rivered hands vs. a Maniac

Blue Sky
08-21-2003, 04:26 PM
For the last hour or so a drunken maniac who has hardly any Hold'em expierence has been trying to bully the table. He's yet to lay down and hand and hardly ever just called because he is always raising. He bought in for $200 blew it and re-bought for another $200 and has ran it up to about $450 in front of him.

I pick up pocket A's in the CO. 2 limpers to Maniac in MP who of course raises, 1 caller to me and I raise. 1 limper, the maniac, and the LP caller take the flop with me.

Flop comes K, 8, 2 rainbow.
EP limper bets, Maniac raises, LP mucks, I raise, EP & maniac calls.

Turn is a 9.
EP checks, Maniac bets, I raise, EP drops, and Maniac raises while asking me if I can beat two pair? I call.

River is a 2.
Maniac bets, I raise, and we each put in 3 more raises before he just calls.

My A's and 2's two pair beat his 8's & 9's two pair.

Very next hand I get Pocket A's again on the button. 4 of us take he flop for 2 raises, the maniac and myself both raised.

Flop comes A, K, J rainbow.
Maniac bets out, 2 callers, I raise, Maniac raises, 1 caller calls 2 bets cold and other mucks. I raise and both call.

turn is a 10.
Maniac bets out, MP mucks, I raise, Maniac re-raises and shows me the Q for the straight. I call anyways because I'm hating this jerk right now. Not the smartest move, I understand.

River is the K to make my boat.
We raise and re-raise each other for about 7 or 8 bets each until he just calls while saying that there is no reason to make the dealer's job any harder by having to chop up more money becuase he's sure we tied.

I of course won the hand. I admit I got lucky on these two hands. 1st getting A's back to back and then catching on the river. Should I have not made either of these plays or did I do alright? I have a love/hate relationship with maniacs, I love to pound them into the ground but I hate to see them leave because I know the easy money just left.

Ed Miller
08-21-2003, 04:39 PM
Maniac re-raises and shows me the Q for the straight. I call anyways because I'm hating this jerk right now. Not the smartest move, I understand.

Umm... you have 10 outs to beat his straight. Not calling would be horrible. BTW, how come the guy that puts in seven bets on the river after showing his hand is always in someone else's game?

pudley4
08-21-2003, 04:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Maniac re-raises and shows me the Q for the straight. I call anyways because I'm hating this jerk right now. Not the smartest move, I understand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you?

How much money is in the pot right now? What are the odds of beating him on the river?

Blue Sky
08-21-2003, 04:44 PM
Your definetly right! The pot was laying me odds and I had a ton of outs.

Bob T.
08-21-2003, 04:46 PM
On hand one, you have 7 outs on the river, assuming he has two pair. I don't know if he was a maniac, that I would rule out the possibility that his two pair included a deuce. I wouldn't have gone three raises, but you were there, and you might have had a better idea than I would about where he was at.

On hand two, on the turn, you have ten outs to beat a queen, and because you know that he has one, you don't have to worry about quad tens on the river. Of course, you call to see the river, and then punish him the maximum.

Max Weinberg
08-21-2003, 05:19 PM
Isn't the maniac's hand dead if he flashes it?

Blue Sky
08-21-2003, 05:38 PM
Thats a big issue in the room I play in. A lot of crazy stuff goes on and depending on the dealer and the mix of people at the table alot of things slide. Many times the long time players never say a thing or sometimes even try to convince the dealer to let mistakes pass so that they can bust out the fish. IE someone has been gone from the table for a long time but everyone wants them not to be picked up because they have big money and play bad.