PDA

View Full Version : fish bait? (long)

04-22-2002, 02:24 PM
Hi everyone.

Being new, here is my question.

3/6 game

9 players

I draw A K suited. I am 1 place to the right of the dealer. The bet comes to me raised from 3 to 6. I raise to 9. Little blind folds. Big blind stays in. One other player stays in, all others fold.

Flop: A K 7 rainbow.

Blind checks, other player checks, I bet 3. Blind calls other player calls.

Turn: 2

blind checks, other player 6, I raise to 12. Blind calls and other player folds.

River: 7

Blind checks, I bet and he calls.

I flip the pair, and he has 7 full of 2s full. I am somewhat stunned because I would never bet that high on a 7 2.

I ran the numbers on the software and I should win approx. 85% of the time, but this really shook my confidence.

I feel I went wrong somewhere. ANY help or comments would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

04-22-2002, 03:19 PM
I don't see anything wrong in the way you played this one. A king fish just got lucky on you. Keep playing hard and charging those dogs to draw out on you, and you'll do fine in the long run.

May the flop be with you,

Fitz

04-22-2002, 03:20 PM
tough beat, but it happens all the time at that level. i'm guessing his 7/2 was suited...

you didn't go wrong anywhere. the 7 on the river might give one pause considering that he might of been playing A7 and was worried about you having AA, KK, or AK, but then that would be giving him too much credit /images/smile.gif a check might be in order, but i think i go ahead and bet out on the river thinking that he's been calling me down with a single A...

04-22-2002, 03:45 PM
i might've thought something was up when he cold-called the turn with one player left to act. as it turned out, he really didn't have anything at that point except two pair, but at least one 7 in his hand was a possibility.

only problem was maybe check behind him on the river. but like wombaticus said, he might have a lone ace.

tough break.

04-22-2002, 03:55 PM
Yes, I mean it. Your play was perfect on every street.

Remember, it is possible to make no mistakes and still lose.

04-22-2002, 04:44 PM
Being new,

this really threw me for a loop.

Thanks for the info and encouragement.

Dave

04-23-2002, 12:43 PM
Well played, what's the problem?

You should be playing just as aggressively with significantly lessor hands than that.

- Louie

04-24-2002, 10:45 AM

04-24-2002, 12:37 PM