PDA

View Full Version : How Did I Do?

The Dude
08-20-2003, 06:53 PM
B&M 3-6 game last night. Table is loose-weak. The player to my right is the only one I respect. 5-6 players usually see the flop, and most PF raises come from myself or the other player I mentioned.

I limp UTG with 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif6 /images/graemlins/club.gif, EP limps, fold, fold, LMP raises, LP cold calls, button and SB fold, BB calls, we all call. 5 of us to the flop.

FLOP: K /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gif6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
B-E-A-utiful. BB checks, I bet, UTG+1 folds, LMP calls, LP raises, I call, LMP calls. 5 Big Bets in the pot. 3 of us see the turn.

K /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gif6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifTURN: J /images/graemlins/heart.gif
I bet out, LMP raises (She very rarely raises with anything less than near-nuts). I'm thinking she has AK, KQs, JJ, or maybe the miracle KK. These are the only things I see her raising with PF that fits the board. LP calls cold (I am 95% sure he has a K), I re-raise. If she caps I can safely fold, but the only hand she'll do that with is KK. They both call.

K /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gif6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/heart.gifRIVER:A/images/graemlins/club.gif
SUCK! I check, LMP Bets, LP calls, I call.

Comments?

Stu Pidasso
08-20-2003, 07:12 PM
If you do not lose a lot of money playing this hand, you did not play it well.

Good Job

Stu

SoCalPat
08-20-2003, 07:36 PM
You should have 3-bet the flop. No one will give you credit for 66 or K6 here, and your live cowboys ain't folding here. Make 'em pay to see the turn.

Your mindset about the turn is horrible. I appreciate the respect you have for other players, but you're looking under the bed for monsters here. No way am I folding if she caps. That would be disastrous.

The river card isn't an ideal card, but I'm still betting the river and calling one raise. Only if it's two bets back to me do I even begin to consider folding.

Like Stu said, if you didn't lose a bundle on this hand, you played it too weakly. I wouldn't fret over paying off an extra bet or two here ... your hand is too good, and you don't want to get gunshy the next time you flop a boat.

The Dude
08-21-2003, 06:07 AM
LMP showed JJ to beat LP KQ

Here's why I was so sure I was beat on the turn. Maybe 30 min earlier I lost a different hand to this same lady. I had 87s and she had A7s. Board was A7768. I check-raised the river, and she only called. A few hands before that she only called a river bet with a K high flush on an unpaired board. I feel good about the read I put her on.

I agree, though, I should have 3-bet the flop. I doubt that it would have knocked JJ out knowing how she played, but I should have done it.

Although there are countless players who suffer from fearing monsters under the bed, I think there are plenty of players (good players, I might add) who falt on the other end of the spectrum. There are situations when your very good hands are certainly beaten, and the better you can recognize these situations the better off you are. This gal plays so passively that AK is the only hand I beat that I can possibly imagine her betting the river after my turn 3-bet.

There are no hands she possibly could have 4-bet with that I could have beat. In fact, I only see her capping with KK. A fold here would be very easy for me.