PDA

View Full Version : chip tricks?

DONKEYJAWS
08-20-2003, 03:55 PM
my chips just came in the mail, so now im on a quest to learn all sorts of rediculous chips tricks to pass time at the table. does anyone know how to do any chip tricks / know any good websites that show how to do chip tricks?

thanks

cardsharkdave
08-20-2003, 04:09 PM
You can shuffle them, thats pretty easy to do. I learned in about an hour. Start with 3 on each side and then move up to 5 or more.

JasonM
08-20-2003, 04:21 PM

DONKEYJAWS
08-20-2003, 04:37 PM
the shuffle is much easier than i though.. i just sat down for 30 mins and i can shuffle stacks of 3 easily... gonna start moving up in size soon..

thanks

wdbaker
08-21-2003, 01:13 AM
I have only seen a few others and they were posted on RGP. in one of them you hold 3,4 or 5 chips sideways in your hand and roll them from front to back with your thumb. The other is where you start with 3 chips held also sideways, drop the middle one, spin it around and place back between the two. I am now up to 5 chips, dropping three in the middle to spin. I also instead of rolling the chips over the top with the thumb, like to roll them underneath, similar to dropping the middle one to spin and replace but just rolling it to the back.

Unfortunately giving detailed explanations is not my strong suit so search chip tricks on RGP for better explanations and then ask if you have additional questions.

Let me know if you find any new ones /images/graemlins/smile.gif

PuffsNutz
08-21-2003, 05:56 AM
Get TIVO and record the WorldPokerTour episode with Dutch Boyd. He gives a little instructional.
Then you can play it back in slow motion.

DKNY
08-21-2003, 11:26 AM
My favorite chip trick and the only one you really need is making your opponent's chips magically yours. (I'm not suggesting the 5 finger discount here. /images/graemlins/grin.gif )

ESPN's 2003 WSOP coverage showed some good ones, especially the 3rd or the 4th episode when they interviewed Dutch Boyd and he covered "Chip Tricks 101". That should keep you busy at the tables.

WPT season 1, one with the Iranian guy, forgot this name, but his nickname was "The Magician", Hellsmuth was at the final table. Anyway, he did some crazy off the wall chip tricks that would make Dutch Boyd envious.

D

Jeff V
08-23-2003, 01:40 AM
Be forewarned- getting too good at chip tricks can lead to carpal tunnel.

Deadbuddha
08-31-2003, 07:53 PM
gotta do the roll after shuffling the chips,
just hold them on your right hand(if righty) like a roll of quarters, then slide them to the other hand. takes a bit of practice.
i wonder if people are really intimidated by chip tricks.

Wake up CALL
08-31-2003, 09:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i wonder if people are really intimidated by chip tricks.

[/ QUOTE ]

It scares me just to read about them. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

magic_man
09-01-2003, 10:49 PM
Agreed. I'm a magician, and I do chip tricks at the table constantly at the home game I go to...the dealer always asks me to show the new guys his favorite one. Anyway, between the chip tricks, piano, magic, and computers, my wrist is getting pretty bad /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

~Magic Man

magic_man
09-01-2003, 10:50 PM
I'm a magician myself, and a lot of the chip tricks I do are coin flourishes from magic books...Routined Manipulation is a good book, as is The Amateur Magician's Handbook.

~Magic Man

Ian M.
09-01-2003, 10:51 PM
Man, I wish I could do magic.

that is all /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ElyJon
09-02-2003, 11:34 PM
Chip tricks are bad for your win rate! They might intimidate inexperienced players but for most other players they do not. The better you get at your chip tricks the less conscience you will be that you are playing with your chips, you will be giving a tell. People give up more tells with their hands (the kind with fingers) then with any other part of their being. People speak with their hands without being aware of it naturally. Add chip tricks to those hands and you will be speaking much more clearly. Hands do not lie.