PDA

View Full Version : Mean Players

Atlas Shrugged
08-19-2003, 03:18 PM
Most fish will play any two suited cards and unsuited 2-gaps down to 3-6. Some will even play 3-gaps. Most will play any ace or king. And they love to chase. They will chase backdoor flush draws and backdoor straight draws. They will even chase gut-shot straight draws with 3 to 1 pot odds.

A few solid players rub it in on the fish.
I saw this happen on a 2/4 table online:

Solid player("Winston") has pocket 8's. Fish limps in with 3-8 of hearts. Flop comes 3,8,9 rainbow. Winston bets, the 2 other players fold. Fish raises, and they reraise each other. Same thing happens on 4th and 5th streets. They cap the betting when blanks hit. Fish burns 11 units on this hand and he is wiped out.
When the showdown comes, Fish shows his two pair, and Winston takes the pot with trips. Then this happens:

Winston says, "Dumb Fucker!"
"That's why you got no money."

He was cold but honest. But not wise for rubbing it in. He didn't win with class.

slamdunkpro
08-19-2003, 04:11 PM

Zele
08-19-2003, 04:30 PM
Report him to Paradise for his use of profanity/abuse. We should discourage this behavior as much as we can.

Inquisitor
08-22-2003, 04:52 AM
[quote}

A few solid players rub it in on the fish.
I saw this happen on a 2/4 table online:

Solid player("Winston") has pocket 8's. Fish limps in with 3-8 of hearts. Flop comes 3,8,9 rainbow. Winston bets, the 2 other players fold. Fish raises, and they reraise each other. Same thing happens on 4th and 5th streets. They cap the betting when blanks hit. Fish burns 11 units on this hand and he is wiped out.
When the showdown comes, Fish shows his two pair, and Winston takes the pot with trips. Then this happens:

Winston says, "Dumb Fucker!"

He was cold but honest. But not wise for rubbing it in. He didn't win with class.

Hello fellow poker players!

How would you respond if you saw this happen at your table?

youtalkfunny
08-22-2003, 06:10 AM
I was dealing in a game last week, that had a scattering of fish, and an All-Star line up of "mean players". I had never seen so many at one table before. Two of them had been issued their final warnings by management, which means that since they were restraining themselves and NOT venting, it made the feeling of an impending explosion even WORSE.

So instead of saying things like, "You raised with a flush when there was two-pair on board? That's the dumbest thing I've ever seen!".....

...They instead would say to their grumpy friends, "I *LOVE* it when they raise with a flush when there's two pair on board. I *LOVE* playing with people who do that!" Of course, the tone of their voices made it clear that they didn't love anything about anything.

It got so bad, I finally felt compelled to remark, "There is so much negative energy at this table, I feel like Superman in that movie, when he has that rock tied around his neck."

No one laughed. One of the mean players told me to "Shut up! Stop trying to cause trouble!"

(Me? I'm the cause of trouble?)

By the time I got pushed out of that game, the mean people had succeeded in running off all the fish, and were left with no one to play with but each other.

andyfox
08-22-2003, 12:08 PM
"He was cold but honest"

No he wasn't. Maybe the guy who had the two pair owns a $10 million home and has twelve cars. Maybe the money he lost with the two pair means nothing to him.

The guy who made the remark is just plain mean, infinintely dumber than the man he accused of being dumb and much more of a "fucker" than him too. No matter how many World Poker Tours or Postively Fifth Streets there are, poker will always be a third class operation because it attracts a lot of people who are jerks.

Batman
09-29-2003, 11:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Winston says, "Dumb <Fucker!>"

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny, I'm surprised Mat didn't censor this post.