PDA

View Full Version : Funny tilt story in Tournament

Stagemusic
08-18-2003, 07:41 AM
Yesterday during the $2 buy in tournament at PS the following situation occurs that made me chuckle the rest of the evening.

I had been having a bad run during the day. I think I will blame bad cards, stupid opponents, bad beats, my wife put a hex on my puter...actually, I had made some really stupid plays and this is an example...

PokerStars $2 buy in NLHE tourney. There are about 800 entrants and 390 or so left. I had a medium stack of about T2400. I am in EP and find KK looking back at me. Blinds are at 100/200 no ante yet. I raise 600 to make it 800 to go and get 2 callers (one of them the BB with about T1800). Flop comes 3, Q, 7. I am first to act and bet 800. One fold and BB calls. Turn is a 9. I go all in with another 800 or so. BB calls all in leaving me with about 600. He shows Q7 no suits and the river is no help. I am sitting at the puter with my jaw clenched but don't say anything other than nh in the game.

The very next hand I get Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif and am UTG +1. I am still hot and just go all in. 2 callers, Q on the flop, the turn and river are rags and I triple right back up to about T1800 and am alive again. Here is what just cracked me up. Guy next to me ( I wish I could remember his name ) says...

Tilt? (No comment, just the one word)
I say: Yup!
He says: Got it out of your system?
I say: Yup!
He says: Good, let it go.

I went out of the tournament awhile later when my TT improved to 2 pair on the turn was beaten by an AT suited that caught the flush. But I had to appreciate the comment from the guy and chuckle. /images/graemlins/grin.gif