PDA

View Full Version : Or is this the worst tournament play ever? Interesting, I think

Ulysses
08-18-2003, 06:39 AM
These SNGs are strange.

$30 Party SNG. Blinds 100/200. 3 left. 2 of us in the hand have 3000. Other guy has 2000.

I'm in BB. Button folds. SB calls. I check w/ 76. 400 in the pot.

Flop A97

He checks. He doesn't have an Ace, guaranteed. I bet 400. He calls. 1200 in the pot. We now have 2400 each.

Turn A979

He checks. I bet 1200. He calls. Crap. Maybe he does have an Ace. Most likely a 7 and we're chopping. 3600 in the pot. 1200 left each.

River A979A

He checks. If we were tied w/ a 7, he's probably in the lead now (78 is all he needs), but there's a good chance he'll fold (though he might call w/ something like K7). If he had me all the way w/ something like 88, I bet he'll fold. And if he rivered me w/ 8T or some other straight draw, he should fold as well. I suspect his most likely hand is a seven with a better kicker than mine, so a check and he wins. I decide to take a stab at it and bet my remaining 1200.

He calls. Crap. I lose. And then I see his hand. 44 for the chop as we both play the board. Does anything make less sense than calling all-in here rather than betting? I can't think of anything. I couldn't believe it. Not surprisingly, this guy came in 3rd.

Vehn
08-18-2003, 10:06 AM
Personally I think the dumbest tourny move ever was that dude in the WCOOP final looking to discuss a deal with his opponent, and giving out his home phone # in chat and expecting him to get through. When there was probably five or ten thousand railbirds.