PDA

View Full Version : ed i having fun breathing ?

Ray Zee
08-17-2003, 07:33 PM
looks like missoula is awash in forest fires too. surrounded. worse than back in the 70's when patti canyon burned up. too much smoke to do much outside, so i guess you get to put off finishing painting your house for the fourth year. kind of ruins lots of things like me flying into the strip at elliot which is reopened and fishing rock creek and the clark fork there.

Timer
08-17-2003, 08:46 PM
Ray have you ever fished the Thompson creek or the Thompson River?

J.Brown
08-17-2003, 09:00 PM
Ray you and I both know the chances of Ed I. getting around to painting his house, fires or not. It is really thick down here in Msla, but we got a little relief from some rain this morning. I went up to Flathead to escape all of the smoke and a very stiff wind seemed to clear the southern half of the lake off very nicely. We had a spectacular view of the crowning trees on Black Mountain and even up on Snowbowl over the last week or so, hope it ends soon, my mountain bike is getting very, very dusty. That is my report. How has it been up north with all of the Glacier fires? J.Brown

Ed I
08-17-2003, 11:26 PM
Stage 1 air quality alerts. I just got back from the Madison. Fished Hebgan in the mornings and the river in the afternoons. Tough but got some nice fish. Smoke there also but not as bad as Missoula. I love that country. I've put off painting the outside with all the smoke and my wife painted the room I've been promising to do for 6 wks. She's an angle. she understands my needs. Water temps high on Clark Fork. Should only fish early until noon. Tricos going,

Ed I
08-17-2003, 11:34 PM
You can't be so sure. I might still get around to it. Heck its only been 4 yrs.

Ray Zee
08-18-2003, 01:54 AM
timer, yea i have fished it but most times its just small fish unless they are spawning. has a good samonfly hatch though that brings the better fish out.there is so many better places its hard to want to drive down there.

Ray Zee
08-18-2003, 02:01 AM
our fires are terrible but not speading too much around here. the afternoons have been getting smoke free sometimes. down in the swan they are losing the battle right now, but a day or two of high humidity can change alot for the better.
glacier parks west side is toast. mostly from the backfires they set to save the homes in west glacier and on mcdonald lake. too bad politics gets in the way of reason. we saved the homes for the insurance companies and lost the forest.