PDA

View Full Version : How Can He Say This With A Straight Face?

HDPM
08-17-2003, 12:33 PM
Here's some spin for you. I know I shouldn't be surprised. web page (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=518&ncid=721&e=6&u=/ap/20030817/ap_on_re_eu/vatican_europe)

But come on. He is an educated man and must know the history of Europe. I mean when the "values" of the Church were followed in the most stringent fashion we had, what were they called - oh the Dark Ages. The Church tried to shut down the Enlightenment but failed. They still took their cut of prosperity though. What a colossal liar the Pope is. Forget the religious aspect of it, this speech is just a demonstrable lie. Things in Europe are better now than they have ever been. A state of constant war with intermittent doses of culture and progress has given way to a generally peaceful and prosperous continent. Yeah, what a tragedy people don't give the Church much credit or credence anymore. LOL.

Zeno
08-17-2003, 01:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How Can He Say This With A Straight Face?

[/ QUOTE ]

Religious leaders, like political leaders, are apt liars which is just one of the common threads that link these two spheres of human demagoguery together. Europe has become more civilized in proportion to the lessening of religious orthodoxy, not because of a stringent adherence to it, as the pope wants. The Pope is a religious braggart, fool, and hypocrite, and panders to self-delusions, and then insists that this path is one that everyone else should also follow. But in this respect, he himself follows all his forebears down the same road of pious fraud, intellectual rubbish, and knavery. The Vatican is a house of frauds maintain by tradition, money, ritual, fear, and brute ignorance. And the Vatican proudly shouts it from the rooftops all day, everyday, and the pious multitudes lap it up like dogs. They get what they deserve.

Le Misanthrope

andyfox
08-17-2003, 11:31 PM
You shouldn't hold back like this, Zeno, it's not good for you. Let us know what you really think.

Remarkable post, each sentence a gem.

TAFKAn
08-17-2003, 11:54 PM
The pope may be a vacuous pandering liar, but he's got nothing on the mormons.

http://www.thehumorsource.com/joke.php?id=419

Zeno
08-18-2003, 01:41 AM
Great post TAFKAn. Such quaint sugguests. Very humorous

-Zeno