PDA

View Full Version : Dead Money

mrbaseball
08-16-2003, 09:34 PM
I haven't been playing much at all in the last month. Only a couple sit 'n go's a week for the past month and virtually no ring games. After playing almost every day this year I just needed a break.

But I got itchy today and noticed Stars was running a bunch of cheapo ($11.50 100 to 1)satalites for tommorrows big WCOOP tourny.

So I got in one and damned if I didn't win a seat! I figure a snowball has a better chance in hell but I'm looking forward to the experience. I've never played in anything approaching the magnitude of this tournament. But hopefully I can call on all the knowledge I have picked up here at the forum and maybe even catch a run of cards /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Magician
08-16-2003, 10:11 PM
I'd play tight in the first hour - blinds are 10/20 and 15/30 for half an hour each.

I played in the $300 event and I noticed that people would commit big pieces of their stack only with premium hands in the first hour (and even 2nd hour). This is probably right when the money is incredibly deep.

The only bustouts I witnessed in the first couple of hours were monster against slightly lesser monster, like a full house over a nut flush, or a full house over a lesser full house.