PDA

View Full Version : UB Aruba Super Satellite Help

RockLobster
08-16-2003, 08:37 AM
Hi All--

I initially posted this on the Internet Gambling forum, then Small Stakes HE, now here. If anyone has any thoughts I'd really appreciate it (I don't play a whole lot of tournies, this is clearly going to be the most important one I've played thus far) ... here goes:

I had some UB points to spend, so I joined and won a 10-person NL Aruba satellite last nite. I now have an entry into a super satellite.

I read the details and the schedule for the super satellites, and it looks like I'll want one w/o rebuys (since I won't be spending any money to rebuy). Other than that, does anyone have any advice on what else to look for or which scheduled day / time might be best?

Thanks a ton--

Justaloser
08-17-2003, 10:15 AM
I'm no expert, but I would think that if you are a very good big tourney player, you may want to consider playing in a rebuy tourney.

Here's my logic. For every rebuy made, it adds to the prize pool. So by the end, there may be 2-5 MORE aruba trips added, improving your odds of winning a trip. Although you would have to be very good and very lucky too.

Just a thought.
Good luck

RockLobster
08-17-2003, 07:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm no expert, but I would think that if you are a very good big tourney player, you may want to consider playing in a rebuy tourney.

Here's my logic. For every rebuy made, it adds to the prize pool. So by the end, there may be 2-5 MORE aruba trips added, improving your odds of winning a trip. Although you would have to be very good and very lucky too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good points. But I'm not a NL player (but I hope to play one on TV some day!), and I don't want to sink any real cash into this.

Your thoughts make sense and are appreciated, though... thanks again...