PDA

View Full Version : dont you hate it when ... (computer)

07-28-2002, 06:47 PM
your computer freezes up, you have to hit the power button or hold it down or whatever, and when you reboot and get on the internet all your purple links have gone back to blue?

i guess ill have to click all the 2+2 posts again so ill know which ones ive read already. ugh. (first set for last day i guess.)

brad

07-28-2002, 11:16 PM
no they dont brad. you need to adjust your setting in the browser you are using. what you say you do doesnt change the read posts.

07-28-2002, 11:27 PM
well, uh, not be contrary, but it does.

what i meant is i had a lot of stuff going (including ie6 browser) and my computer locked up. couldnt do control-alt-delete so i had to do a physically push and hold in the power button on the tower to shut off my computer.

for some technical reason when this happens its like you clear the history in your browser.

and when you clear history all the links that were visited(purple) go back to unvisited(blue).

brad

07-28-2002, 11:40 PM
same answer--no it doesnt. its in your settings. i reset my computer with the button all the time and dont lose the history thing.

07-29-2002, 12:02 AM
yes, but i think the main thing is that my computer was locked up when i did a hard shutdown.

of course, the main thing is that i cant tell which links on drbizzaro ive already visited.

brad

p.s. everything is back to normal now. when i click on an unvisited(blue) link and go back its visited(purple). but somehow my computer lockup and hard shutdown cleared my history.

07-29-2002, 04:36 AM
This happens to me, too. If the computer isn't shut down correctly, it doesn't save the information about which links you have already clicked on. It doesn't clear all of them, just the ones you clicked on in that session.

07-29-2002, 12:13 PM
yes, but i have the new and improved xp, which at least on my computer clears all of them.

blackjack. geesh.

brad

07-30-2002, 05:00 AM
does for me...