PDA

View Full Version : JQoff in small blind

ChristianM
08-14-2003, 04:22 PM
20-40...two late limpers who play a little too loose and go too far with their hands. A late limp from them likely means that they have something like two middle range cards. 810, 910..i have seen them limp with this a few times earlier in round. I have J /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in small blind and call. The LB raises and all of us call. The large blind is a very loose player, but generally has a strong hand when he raises. I have yet to see him raise out of the big blind though. Flop comes: 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif I check..BB bets.cutoff folds...button calls..i call. Turn 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. I check LB bets. Button calls. I call. River A /images/graemlins/heart.gif. I bet. BB and button both fold. The results were great, but should i have semi-bluff check raised the turn or put in a raise on an earlier street. When the A came, I felt that the pot was big enough to take a stab at and I put the LB on a pocket pair like KK QQ JJ. The late position player was more of a mystery to me and i knew he had a pair....i just thought it was unlikely that he had A9 or A10 as he would have most likely raised preflop. My river bet was laying me 8 1/2 to 1 so it seemed like the right play to me. Any feedback is much appreciated.

Georgia Peach
08-14-2003, 04:53 PM
I was reading HPFAP at lunch today and was in the check-raise & semi-bluff section.

In the Semi-bluff section, the authors describe a situation that's not quite yours. But you are on a flush draw as well as open ended straight draw. They say your best move is to bet (p55), not check.

In the check-raise section, I get the impression that if you do check, you should raise if possible. But the best move is to bet. (p76).

Clarkmeister
08-14-2003, 08:19 PM
Checkraise the flop.

cosmo kramer
08-15-2003, 02:14 AM
I would fold to the preflop raise. Offsuit face cards in the first position against a legitimate raise is not a situation I like to be in.