PDA

View Full Version : hdpm-z- right- next chapter

Ray Zee
08-14-2003, 09:31 AM
your stupid dog is going to grow up. that will save your shoes. but as he gets older he learns to reach higher up. this you will learn a little at a time, as he reaches your leather goods wherever they are placed on your tables and dressers. you will at some time wish he went back to just peeing on your shoes. that is why those little buggers developed sad eyes and floppy ears so that you wont shoot them right away.

someday i will tell the story of how my dog ate my bankroll.

HDPM
08-14-2003, 05:37 PM
I think you told that one. I can't believe he survived. Was he the same one you broke the rod on? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Boris
08-14-2003, 06:00 PM
Where do you get your dogs? We got our dog from the pound. He is kind of a sissy but he sure is well behaved. I think when you get a dog from the pound they realize how good they have it living in a nice home. Whereas if you take a puppy from his mommy he might secretly be pissed off at you for the rest of his life. Better ask Feeney to see if my theory holds any water.

HDPM
08-14-2003, 10:12 PM
Last dog we bought from an amateur breeder in slightly squalid conditions. Busted plates to play with, kinda lower middle class family, etc... He was an idiot, but should have appreciated how spoiled he was with us. He didn't. So this time HDPW took over and bought an expensive puppy. But we didn't get him right from mom, so he should appreciate how spoiled he is. He doesn't. So my anecdotal evidence is 0 fer 2, although neither were pound dogs. Maybe that is the key I dunno.

Well, today HDPW got a call at the office from the neighbor who said one puppy had apparently exited from his dog door, burrowed under the fence and was running about in the neighborhood. Great. So she took the thing over to her house and let her hyper dog chew on it and let her children wear it out. It was a good day for him. I got home first and retrieved the idiot dog. Put him in the house, but then had to go back out to the garage for something. The door was still open and he looked like he was going to make a run for it. So I told him gently to come and pushed the button for the door. The dog sat in the middle of the garage looking at me yell for him and looking at the closing door. When the door was about closed, moron made the break and got pinned under the door in a perfect guillotine position. Since dead kids pinned under garage doors made lawyers a boatload of money, the automatic door raiser mechanism got him out before I could get back to the button. He seemed scared. I hope so. What an idiot. He is OK though, just worn out from the day's activities.

*******Gaaaagh. As I was typing this I hear a strange noise. Where is that coming from? What is that? Oh, a puppy scratching on the front door. Little bastid made another run. While HDPW was out buying concertina wire and the like to help keep him in. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

But since he ran we knew we could no longer delay the name tag. He has a microchip and stuff, but the old tech works quicker sometimes. Didn't want to put his name on it in case he really learns to answer to his name. Maybe it will make it just a little more likely he gets stolen. So the phone number goes on it. But the name? We decided on "Fugitive."

Ray Zee
08-14-2003, 11:25 PM
the dog that ate my dough was a pound dog. cute. looked liked the spanky and our gang dog with the circle around the eye.
my best lab is the one i broke my rod over.

now i am down to two cats only.

M2d
08-15-2003, 03:05 AM
I think it was Andre Puyans who took some cat lint from around the house, put it in a blender, and, voila!! calico dubbing.

John Cole
08-15-2003, 12:27 PM
As far as the name goes, I think HDPD would be fine.

Chloe, our one year old Boston Terrier decide to eat a DVD this morning. Well, she just ate the case; even she didn't like the movie.

I read that one reason parents, both animal and human, bond with children so quickly is that infants of most species have eyes disproportionate to their bodies, and this arouses sympathy in adults. Fortunately, for Chloe, Bostons retain those large eyes throughout their lives. I think it might be that fact alone that has kept me from defenestrating her so far.

Ray Zee
08-15-2003, 01:06 PM
whew, john, lucky for you she just ate one of your dvd's. instead of something worthwhile.

Ragnar
08-15-2003, 06:35 PM
John,

When do we get Chloe's review of the box? Or was she showing her opinion about your review of the movie? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ragnar