PDA

View Full Version : Brad and Ashcroft Might Disagree on This

07-24-2002, 04:13 PM
Check out this article. Huge tax dollars going to send "other advantaged" kids to poison gas class so they can start an exciting career in homeland security. I might have to move to Eugene and do some kind of protest law and have a compost pile after all.

07-24-2002, 04:24 PM
I think the part about being able to give CPR and putting out fires is good and should probably be taught in all public schools, along with basic first aid--terrorist threat or not, just plain living.

07-24-2002, 04:29 PM
---------------------

And those skills include math: "If I have 40 acres of forest," runs a typical problem, "how many search dogs will I need to find a fugitive?"

The entire program is designed for teens who may be teenage parents, juvenile delinquents, low income, or coping with a learning or other disability. Eighty percent are male, and 30 percent live in group foster homes.

---------------------

im 100% in favour of this. please dont have me declared an enemy combatant and indefinitely detained.(jncluding torture)

brad

07-24-2002, 04:51 PM
The thing with the dogs was one of my favorites. I mean WTF? C'mon. Like a in a big manhunt they would say, "No, don't release the 8th dog, my calculations show 7 are sufficient in 99.6% of searches of similar terrain." I also keep thinking of Cool Hand Luke modified. A bunch of redneck prison guard types turn the dogs loose while the inner city kids have their special windbreakers and bandanas trying to multiply dog sniffs per meter per second divided by the acres converted back to metric or something while the threat to homeland security is cowering in a drainpipe hearing the barking. Maybe it can be next summer's blockbuster movie.

I also liked how the best and brightest are being trained to protect us. It always has been so I guess.

07-24-2002, 08:29 PM
hey, with them to protect the house and senate ..., maybe the terrorists will win and kill all the congressmen...then ashcroft can have his final revenge...by finally defeating a deceased opponent...gl