PDA

View Full Version : stock forums

White Elephant
08-13-2003, 12:42 AM
Are there any other forums for discussing stocks and investing that are more like this one in terms of high signal to low noise? Most other stock forums I've seen like yahoo or moneycentral seem to be completely worthless.

(Not that there's anything wrong with 2+2, but I'd love to see even more discussion.)

adios
08-13-2003, 12:25 PM
I think Silicon Investor has good boards (haven't been there in awhile). Motley Fool possibly does too. On Yahoo IMO the TEI board has good posts about income type securities.

Aceshigh7
10-09-2003, 10:58 PM
Just wanted to say I recently discovered the Morningstar forums and they are excellent. Not as much activity as Fool.com but most of the posts seem very intelligent and thought out.

www.morningstar.com (http://www.morningstar.com)

scalf
10-10-2003, 07:37 AM
/images/graemlins/frown.gifi agree motley fool has generally insightfull boards, with min of flaming and spam..

i still use yahoo borads, but ya gotta know your posters and avoid the amazing number of childish flaming posts; and spam...

actually, getting your own board started, as with yahoo or other mechanisms, can be a fantastic way to get a gr8 think-tank-like forum going that might actually become a hedge fund of soerts...gl /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/club.gif

Ray Zee
10-10-2003, 10:13 AM
one way to make this forum better would be to post on it. if you want more discussion help start it. we look forward to seeing you around more and adding to the tips.