PDA

View Full Version : Hand to Ponder #89

Men the Master
08-11-2003, 10:10 PM
This Hand to Ponder comes from the same Bellagio game in which I was sweating Antonio the dishwasher. The game was 2,000-4,000 and it was only seven handed because Lyle Beerman went to the toilet and Chip Rizzo went to the buffet (he had just gotten his $15 comp).

Antonio was in the small blind and had 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. Steve Wind folded from early position. Huck Reed folded from middle position. And so did the other players. It was the Texas Doll's (who was on the button) turn to act. Everyone looked at him intently figuring he would raise-steal the blinds. Doll looked around the table, then looked at his hand, then looked around the table, then looked at his hand. Finally, he looked at his chips, sighed, and folded.

Now it was Antonio the dishwasher's turn to act. He immediately leaned over to Bobby the Bald Owl, who was on the big blind, and whispered, "Do you chop?". Bobby studied Antonio's face, then looked at his own hole cards, then looked at Antonio's face again. Then he stared blankly into the distance.....

Men the Master
08-11-2003, 10:17 PM
Bobby the Bald Owl said yes he would gladly chop the $3,000 in blinds with Antonio the dishwasher. So they chopped.

nykenny
08-12-2003, 03:10 PM
were they paying time? or was the house chopping? i always chop /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ulysses
08-13-2003, 05:14 PM
I imagine Antonio is still working his dishwasher job. Is that correct? It really sounds like besides being a top-notch player, he also has a really good work ethic.