PDA

View Full Version : Gauging your opponent

J.R.
08-11-2003, 03:22 PM
Mirage 10-20 this past Saturday afternoon. The game has been tight to a raise, but a limp sets of a chain reaction of limps or isolation raises and three bets, depending on the relative position of the two over-aggressive players at the table.

UTG (one of the over-aggressive players) limps, one caller, I call with 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, two more callers, small blind completes, 7 to the flop.

Flop: [A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif] UTG bets, one call, I raise, one call, UTG 3-bets, one call, I make it four bets, fold, UTG and other player call.

Turn: Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif [A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif] UTG bets, one call, I raise, UTG 3-bets. Your action?

pokerlover
08-11-2003, 03:36 PM
Re-Raise

He probably has 2-pair and your other oppenent is on a draw.

RollaJ
08-11-2003, 03:53 PM
Unless I've seen this guy limp with aces before, I would raise as much as possible and put him on at best a set of 5s

Dynasty
08-11-2003, 04:30 PM
I was at this table. I was in the big blind in this hand with a trash hand and folded on the flop.

I would have played a set of 9's as strongly as you did and was wondering which of the two of you had the 99.

J.R.
08-11-2003, 05:52 PM
I 4-bet, he capped it. River paired the Q, I paid to see his limped AA. I thought 4-betting was pretty clear here, but I got some flack from some people. Thanks.

ACBob
08-12-2003, 11:57 AM
J.R.

What did the player between you do? Call or fold?

Usually I would think you are still ahead with a good chance against AQ top two...but you did say he is over-aggressive and surely opens for a raise preflop with AQ????

The only other point is Vegas players, more than any others, like to limp with AA.

Bob Lewis

J.R.
08-12-2003, 12:19 PM
The player in between called the turn bets and folded on the river, me thinks it was the spades draw.