PDA

View Full Version : Cattle Mutilations

07-20-2002, 02:36 PM
With that new movie about crop circles comin' out, I've been trying to remember that '80s movie 'bout cattle mutilations. Pretty cool, seems like a natural for a remake.

I thought it starred Brian Dennehy or Joe Don Baker, but apparently not, according to IMDB.

BTW is/was there any kind of 'wrapup' of the 'real life' cattle killings, online or else where?

07-21-2002, 12:25 AM
Start with Art Bell maybe. ;-)

07-22-2002, 04:40 AM
Yeah, I read an article at a news stand some years ago. It was in some men's magazine, possibly Esquire.

The author tracked down and interviewed the retired FBI agent who had led that investigation back in the 50s. The most important fact about these "mutilations" is that it's all soft tissue damage: genitals, eyes, lips, sometimes organs etc. The conclusion that the agent came to is that all these carcasses were the left overs from the feasting of a carnivorous scavenger insect. Don't ask me the name; I have no idea. Considering the time span across which cattle showing these wounds have been discovered and the geographic distribution, this is about the only sensible explanation.

After all, if it was aliens doing some organ harvesting then they wouldn't be satisfied with lips, eyeballs and dicks. Unless... they're trophy collecting! Showing pride in their skill at hunting down the wily cow...