PDA

View Full Version : SNG hand - A10s shorthanded

nicky g
08-11-2003, 10:34 AM
I'll keep this simple. 6-hander $10 NLHE SNG. 4 left, blinds are 50-100. I have 1000 in chips left, BB has a bit more, button a bit less, and UTG is chipleader w/3000. He raises the minimum (standard for him) to 200. Button folds. I have A /images/graemlins/club.gifTc /images/graemlins/club.gif in the SB, and go-all-in.

Some things to consider: UTG is not particularly aggressive; he probably has a reasonable hand here. The hand before he min-raised (though the size means little, as that's his standard raise), and one of the other short stacks went all-in, to which he folded. I've just had a pretty bad beat put on me by one of the other players so it may look like I'm tilting. Finally, I'm pretty confident I'm a better player than the others at the table.

nicky g
08-11-2003, 12:44 PM
Right then! It seems I have to go for the old "post-results-separately-later-when-noone-responds-to-bump-myself-back-up the-forum" tactic /images/graemlins/tongue.gif. Anyhoo ( /images/graemlins/tongue.gif) he calls w/QQ, no help and I'm toasty toast crumbs at the bottom of the toaster.

Normally I wouldn't post a hand like this as I feel this is fairly straightforward. But I'm beginning to rethink, as I've hit a bit of a poor run (after trying to move up to the $20SNGs and getting burnt), and a lot of my bust-outs seem to come from this aggression. I had a long run where this aggression paid large dividends but now it seems to be my undoing. If this is a fairly stabdard play of mine, am I playing too fast?

Kurn, son of Mogh
08-11-2003, 12:52 PM
What's the pay schedule for 6-handed? If it's winner take all, your play is fine, ATs is a pretty good hand 4-handed. In fact, even if top 2 pay, I'd be hard pressed to not make a move here.

nicky g
08-11-2003, 12:59 PM
First gets 70%, 2nd 30% (which is a pretty tiny profit, significantly less than the buy-in).