PDA

View Full Version : which site has the most enticing play money software?

crockpot
08-11-2003, 08:35 AM
hey all,

trying to get a bunch of my college-age friends interested in online poker. they're all hesitant about creating real money accounts for now, so i'm trying to let them get their feet wet with some play money tables. at the same time, it would be nice seeing them play for some income and thrill.

i personally would like to see more sites try some setup like UB, where the play money players get some paltry amount of frequent player points and a mini-chunk of the high hand bonus. then again, their .01-.02 tables are driving the bad players away from limits where money can actually be made off them.

does anyone here find that a particular server's play money tables are better at encouraging players to try their hand at a real money game?

Hung
08-11-2003, 08:49 AM
You know what I do? I transfer $5 to their accounts and let them play the micro games. They'll win a few bucks and move up. Once they're addicted they'll put in some money /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Theodore Donald Kiravatsos
08-11-2003, 11:54 PM
I'd tell them to play at TruePoker, for sure. Lots of gabby chatters having fun fun fun at those play money tables.

You could also just have them play freerolls at places which do not require a deposit (I'm thinking of Dynamitepoker.com, and others which I can't name offhand). There, they could play for real without depositing any money, and win next to nothing. But it would still be something.

"Your excuses are your own" -- Richard Roma

rr2000
08-13-2003, 01:37 AM
Go to Royal Vegas Poker. They offer $10 free - no deposit required.

Army Eye
08-13-2003, 03:32 AM
Transferring them a few bucks on a pay site is a solid idea. Aside from that, I would strongly suggest you get them into the freerolls at PokerStars, Bugsy's Club, America's Card Room, etc. Fun stuff and you can win some money/promo bucks too. Play money ring games is about the most pointless game in the world, to me anyway. Freerolls for newbies!