PDA

View Full Version : Mariners take 2 of 3, and other baseball yapping

Zeno
08-10-2003, 11:32 PM
The Yanks bullpen folded up and blew away like a canvas tent in a hurricane. Or something like that. Orosco, Nelson, and Osuna stumbled about in a drunken haze it seemed. Of course, the Mariners were patience and played well. Kudos to John “your have to pitch strikes to me” Olerud.

Both the old men got chased from the rubber game but there was good pitching by both of them. And Hasegawa got his tenth save. This series was great and was a good boast for the Mariners. Onward and upward.

There was an unassisted triple play by Furcal of the braves in the Sunday Night Baseball game. It was a great play set up by the Cardinals having a hit and run on. But the Cardinals won the game. The game wining home run came off of smoltz in of the eighth by Albert Puhols. This was right after Perez tied the game on a homer off of Ramirez who was lifted for Smoltz. A great game and a great way to end a weekend of baseball.

-Zeno

andyfox
08-11-2003, 01:28 AM
Haseagawa, IMHO, is a better pitcher than Sasaki. While it remains to be seen if he can handle the pressure, I don't see any reason why he shouldn't.

I hate the hit and run, I'll have to add the potential triple play to my list of reasons why.

Three interesting games between the Yanks and Mariners. Two slugfests sandwiched around great pithing my Meche and Pettitte. Pettitte's now pitched a one-hitter and a five hitter in succession and is 0-1 for his efforts. Notice Torre didn't take him out this time in the 9th, letting him throw 127 pitches. I wonder what he would have done had the score been 1-1 or 1-0 Yanks, instead of 2-1 against.

Seems to me the American League, very much like last year, is wide open, and I woulnd't be surprised to see any of the playoff teams get to the World Series.

Sosa hit two bombs off of Kevin Brown today, someone should check his bats.