PDA

View Full Version : WCOOP Event No. 4 - a few more hands (not in chronological order)

Magician
08-10-2003, 08:36 PM
Hand No. 1

I'm in the SB with pocket TT. Have 8,200 chips. Blinds are 200/400 ante of 25.

Folded to UTG + 3 who raises to 1,200 (i.e. would cost me 1,000 to call). Folded to me in the SB. He's got me covered (he has about 9K more chips after the raise).

What do you guys do here? Haven't seen the guy before.

Results to follow.

Hand No. 2

I've got 7,600 chips. I'm dealt AKs on the button. I've got 3,650 chips. Blinds are 100/200 with antes of 25.

Folded to me. I raise to 800. SB folds. BB moves in on me. He's got me slightly - if he loses this hand he is down to about 600 chips.

What's your play?

Results to follow.

Hand No. 3

I've got 3,950 chips. I'm dealt pocket AA in UTG + 3. Folded to me.

Stack sizes following me are 10,000; 6,200; 2,200; 5,200 and 9,600 respectively.

What's the play here? I'd been tight to this point and I was thinking that at least some of those ahead might notice.

Results to follow.

Hand No.4

I've got 4,750 chips. Blinds are 100/200 with no antes. Cutoff minus 1 limps in. I raise to 800. Button calls. SB folds. BB calls.

Cutoff minus 1 moves in (his stack is shorter and if I call it will cost me another 1,900). Behind me the button has a big stack and the BB has me covered but not by much.

What's your play here?

Results to follow.

Hand No. 5

Dealt K 5 suited in the SB. Blinds are 75/150. I've got 2,900 chips. Folded to me in the SB. BB has 1,950 chips after posting the BB.

I raise the minimum. BB calls. Flop is 5 5 3 rainbow. I check. BB bets 300.

Part a)

What's the play here?

I smooth-called - would a raise have worked too?

Turn is a 6 (two of a suit on the board now).

I check again. BB moves in with his remaining 1,600 chips.

Part b)

I call.

Should I suspect anything amiss?

Results to follow.

Hand No. 6

I've got 9,300 chips. Blinds are 100/200 with no antes. Folded to SB who calls (SB has slightly over 12,000 chips).

I've got 9 6 offsuit. I check.

Flop is Q 4 4 (2 of a suit and giving me a backdoor flush draw but this is very minor of course).

SB checks. I check. Turn is a 7 (now it's 2 different, 2 of a suit on the board). SB checks. I check.

Turn is a J (making it 3 of a suit on the board, the same suit as hit on the turn). SB checks. I check.

SB has a mediocre T 9 offsuit but has my even worse hand beat.

I sensed that the SB was weak and that a bluff might work on the flop, turn or even river but for some reason I decided against it.

Should I have tried and when was the most convincing time?

He had called a bluff of mine several orbits before (I thought it was quite a crafty bluff) representing a made flush on the river - I made a small bet like I wanted him to call, to pay me off on the flush, and he thought for a long time before calling with top pair.

Again, difference is, that first time he called he had top pair, but since I suspected he was weak this time, maybe the same bluff would've worked this time.

A bluff of say 300 could have won a pot of 600 and only needs to work a third of the time to break even?

Of course I only suspected he was weak - if I knew for a fact he had T 9 offsuit I make that bluff - I think I wasn't sure what he would do if say he had Ace high.

Magician
08-11-2003, 04:49 AM
Oh forgot:

In Hand No.4 I've got JJ.