PDA

View Full Version : WPT should have a winner take all finale

lunchmeat
08-10-2003, 08:10 PM
I'd like to see the World Poker Tour have a winner-take-all finale between all the season's tournament winners. It would have been great to see Lederer, Flack, Gus, Devilfish and all the others at one table. Not only would it be entertaining, but it would showcase the "stars" of the show, and allow the more casual (non-poker playing) viewer to be able to root for his favorite player.

I also heard WPT is getting rid of the Costa Rican tournament for the upcoming season. I thought the Costa Rican tourney was one of the better shows last season, and I liked the variation of having a rebuy-tournament as part of the schedule.

Easy E
08-10-2003, 08:46 PM
Supposedly Luis?, the owner who played in it last year, disappeared with mucho dinero from investors and is on the lam....

Search RGP about 6 months ago, if I remember correctly. There were a lot of comments on it.

TimTimSalabim
08-11-2003, 01:15 AM
When I first heard about the WPT final event, that's what I was hoping it would be, a tournament of champions. I'd still like to see that. Although we did get a great final table as it was, and Alan Goehring was entertaining to watch. I'm sure there was more than one confused viewer thinking, who is this guy, I haven't seen him in any other tournament all season.

cferejohn
08-12-2003, 09:19 PM
Would be cool to find another tournament in central or south america they could broadcast though, perhaps for season 3. I enjoyed that one as well. Unless that was the only game in town as far as high stakes tournaments go in central/south america.

Toocus
08-13-2003, 02:17 AM
At the end of the season, all of the winners during the year will play in the "big" tournament and anyone can join in for $25k. The winners during the season get a free entry into the final tourney, and 1st place gets $3 million I believe.