PDA

View Full Version : Loose Game flop action

Ronm
08-10-2003, 04:19 PM
I would like your opinions on a play I see frequently in loose games where many players see the flop---there will be a preflop raise 50% of the time, with 4-7 players seeing the flop, and 3-5 players seeing the turn---for simplicity, I will post a typical hand----Fred calls pre-flop raise from middle position with 9h-10h-----5 see a flop of 2h-8c-As----check to button who bets----Fred calls, 4 see turn---there are 16 cards that will give Fred a straight or flush draw(not counting gut-shots,) about 2-1 against----If Fred now has a drawing hand 33% of the time---my questions---

1) Is this process positive???If yes,

2) does a pre-flop raise affect the positive nature of the process??

3) what about the number of pre-flop and flop callers??What average do you need?

4) What about position??? If this is positive, is it only good from late position, or when you are fairly certain what the cost will be?

As I stated, I have seen people play this process in games as high as 10-20, although it is more common(very common) in lower limits---

I would be interested in your analysis, plus any reading material on the subject ( I can't find any---Thanx ahead----

Ronm
08-10-2003, 06:50 PM
As a follow-up, I do not think that the pre-flop bets should be counted as an expense, as they were expended in an attempt to flop---

1) A FLUSH

2) A STRAIGHT

3)A FLUSH OR STRAIGHT DRAW;

4) TWO PAIR;

5) A SET;

6) TOP PAIR;

So the posted situation is a special situation when none of the above occurs----Thanx again---

Wake up CALL
08-10-2003, 08:41 PM
If you don't count preflop bets as an expense you must be the winningest poker plaer on the net. Of course those paper profits may be difficult to spend. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ronm
08-11-2003, 12:58 AM
Of course pre-flop bets are an expense----I was speaking in terms of determining the feasibility of calling a bet on the flop in order to try to make a drawing hand----

Ed Miller
08-11-2003, 01:10 AM
Cold-calling a raise with T9s is dubious. As long as you know it is only one bet to see the turn, though, calling on the flop is not so bad... and if spiking a T or 9 might give you the best hand then the call is clear.