PDA

View Full Version : Exposed and burned Q, effects to AQs play pre-flop?

Am Alert
08-10-2003, 01:01 PM
Yes, I realize this has absolutely nothing to do with internet poker. However this is the primary forum I post in here, I got no response in the probability forum and besides I am more familiar with the players here and the veracity of responses.

Had AQs in early position, while the cards were dealt the dealer exposed and then burned a Q.

NL tourney, I tossed the hand as a couple wild raisers behind me and was too flustered trying to guesstimate the effect. I figured rightly so, that one of the wild guys would either go all in or make too big a raise to call.

Given the table composition, I would've only called for certain in the first place.

What other starting hands would this equate too with the card gone?

tyia

Wake up CALL
08-10-2003, 01:07 PM
"What other starting hands would this equate too with the card gone?"

I doubt anyone in the probability forum understands this question, for that matter neither do I.

Inthacup
08-10-2003, 01:24 PM
I think he's saying: with 1 of your outs gone, what does the strength of this hand, AQ, drop to. A possible answer could be A9 or A5 or something like that. However, I'm not good at this stuff, so I don't know either. I think it's an interesting question, and one that I would like an answer to as well.

Wake up CALL
08-10-2003, 01:28 PM
Thanks Inthacup, I could't quite figure out what he meant. He wants to know how much the exposed queen reduces the value of his AQ. Well obviously no more than if the Q was burnt unseen.

Mike Haven
08-10-2003, 01:44 PM
against two players it would equate to ATs, AQo, KQs or 77 in terms of expectation of win

it seems strange, but the loss of the other Q makes very little difference to AQs

jek187
08-10-2003, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I doubt anyone in the probability forum understands this question, for that matter neither do I.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not surprising since you were the genius who thought 1% of 1.3 billion was 130 million.

Wake up CALL
08-10-2003, 06:17 PM
I don't know what your problem is with me jek but I never remember writing that. At any rate it was nice of you to add so much to this discussion. Grow up.

PS: Although I do remember you attributing that to me before.

maplepig
08-10-2003, 08:51 PM
doesn't make much difference for AQs. Only for AQo, and you are playing for two pair and trips, the effect may be big enough for a different preflop decision.

jek187
08-10-2003, 09:46 PM
My problem w/you is as summed up by Granny: " you have used your one and only "let me look foolish card". next error as glaring as this, and you are relegated to dumping your screenmae, since nobody will ever read another word you post."

I totally agree w/Granny. Right after you made this post, you had this line: " BTW since the population of China is 1.3 billion that 1% of yours becomes 130 million internet users." Upon noticing that your mistake was caught, you then edited to fix your mistake. The edited post can be read here: 1% math (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=307787&page=&view=&sb =5&o=&vc=1)

Making mistakes and fessing up to them is one thing. Making mistakes and lying about it is completely different. It's apparent that not only are you stupid, but you're a liar too. Nobody should take you seriously. For those who aren't familiar with you, I intend to help them. Get a new screen name. While this won't fix the stupidity problem, you can at least start over and be honest.

Wake up CALL
08-10-2003, 10:55 PM
You call me stupid and a liar as well. Your debating skills need a little work. I am sure you are quite talented in many areas, please use that talent for good rather than becoming my personal troll.

jek187
08-10-2003, 11:38 PM
How my debating skills figure into this is immaterial. I called you stupid and liar because you have shown strong tendencies toward the former, and I know you are the latter.

People who lie are on my sh.it list. People who lie, and then cover it up are really far down on my list. You sir, deserve to be trolled.

I will relent if you'll admit to originally writing 130 million, then editing in the change, then lying about it.

Wake up CALL
08-11-2003, 12:57 AM
If those are your requirements to be civil then troll away. I will not be intimidated by a meassage board bully with a chip on his shoulder and nothing better to do than harass me.

dux
08-11-2003, 01:07 AM
I was online the time you wrote 130 million, I checked the calculator, realised you were wrong. I hope this jogs your memory.

jek187
08-11-2003, 01:13 AM
I am not trying to bully you. Merely make you fess up to the truth. Is that so bad?

crazy canuck
08-11-2003, 06:24 AM
Unfortunately, the problem is relevant to internet poker. If you're colluding, and you get AQs and your partner gets another queen....
I really hope you're not trying to use the solution for this evil purpose. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Am Alert
08-11-2003, 11:21 AM
I overrated the effect of course, but had I actually figured it out, the time involved would've certainly telegraphed that the burned card was a factor in my decision.

I appreciate you taking the time.

Thanks