PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes the Incredibly Obvious is in the Mirror.

07-18-2002, 01:36 PM
I have a Hold'em lizard named Big Slick. He has a little lizard complex that's why I call him Big Slick. It makes him feel better about himself. He doesn't eat much, only moves when I pick him up and place him some place else. He's a sturdy lizard made of genuine rubber and paint. It's been a long time since he has seen a Hold'em battlefield. Even before the SPM retired he was placed on top of the computer screen. There he sits so Basement Man has some company. Big Slick is a patient lizard, he listens well and never assumes he has all the answers. But, he has a way of looking at you that says, I know the unspoken truth.

Coming home after a disappointing tactical maneuver on the Hold'em battlefield, when I was in the War. I would be entering the days casualties in the Hold'em log book. It's a military requirement that the duty officer explain what happened during his tour of duty. The log entry went like this...

The King brothers were killed this evening by a raving lunatic. It was capped and a little blind guy entered the battlefield with nothing more than a double suited Ace with a rag in his hand. After the flop the King brothers put their heads down and battled overwhelming odds to the river. Only the little blind guy with two suits was left standing at the rivers edge. When the King brothers sank into the river like they had cement shoes . We lost a great many brave Chipsters in that battle, it's hard to get a break with so many lunatics fighting without a clue. End of log entry.

I didn't see Big Slick turn but when I looked up from the log book he was looking right at me. I could hear his thoughts ringing in my head for days. When the Ace flopped and the King brothers plowed forward, didn't it seem strange that the little blind guy was still fighting. Sometimes you blame the wrong lunatic.

SPM,...play long and prosper...

07-18-2002, 02:35 PM