PDA

View Full Version : WCOOP Survival Kit

Virgil Starkwell
08-10-2003, 05:47 AM
A few items to be kept in close proximity to your computer over the next week.

Red Bull - It gives you wings. Apparently. You'll be needing plenty of this. Six hours of play if you want to cash and probably two more if you want to recoup those satellite fees. To be used in conjunction with Pro Plus during limit Omaha/8 and holdem events. Vodka mixer is optional.

PokerStars Stress Star - #&*@%! Your big pair has just been consigned to the dumpster of runner runner schmengiedom. Relax. Take a deep breath and fondle the latest in stress management technology/cheap tat. Alternatively, keep a packet of door hinges and a copy of 'Pan Pipe Moods' handy. NB: deadly assault on plate glass doors should only be attempted by trained tournament professionals.

Copy of TPFAP - Ugh, there's like math and stuff in this. Nevertheless the book contains some really sage advice. I direct your attention to pages 128-30 during the bubble period. As with all 2+2 books, TPFAP needs a revised edition. A new chapter, 'How a PokerStars Tournament Works' and suggested strategy changes (play like an aggressive fish and never draw to more than 3 outs) would be most welcome.

Hemorrhoid cream - Congratulations! You have reached the final table.

V.

MS Sunshine
08-10-2003, 06:40 AM
"deadly assault on plate glass doors should only be attempted by trained tournament professionals."

ROFLMAO

My sister, who knows nothing about poker but what she sees on TV, after I asked "Well, how do you like WPT?", said "I really see why you and Brad(my brother who also plays poker)like poker, it's so exciting, but who's the whiney little ass.hole?"

Surprisingly, I guessed who she was referring to on the very first guess.

MS Sunshine