PDA

View Full Version : This skirt is a little tight, but quite comfortable.

Huh
08-10-2003, 04:44 AM
I guess I’ll have to start learning to bend at the knees. Anyhow,

I visited an old-friend on Saturday, the Pink(7.50/15.00) game at the trop. It didn’t dissapoint.

I get pocket queens UTG and raise, three callers behind me and the blinds come along. Six big bets in the pot and the flop comes.

7 J 3 rainbow.

I bet out and get three callers. Eight big bets.

The turn is another seven, completing the rainbow. I initially like this card and bet out, The guy two to my left raises, and everyone folds, including myself.

I hadn’t seen this guy bluff at all, but there were some questionable times when he thought he was ahead and tried to bet his hand for value (raising the river on a 4567 board cause he hit his seven). I hate to fold, and I still wonder about this one, but with the no real draws on the board, I couldn’t see putting $30 more into this pot, even if it was to win $150.

Comments appreciated
-Huh

elysium
08-10-2003, 05:48 AM
hi huh
excellent post. huh, i'm going to trust you on this one. good fold. it's a gut call, fwiw, but i can feel his trips, as you likely did too.

that's what is so great about this game. this post is identical to some past or future post; identical in every way. and in those posts, i might have gone the other way and have liked to have seen you call, or even reraise. i'll take the heat with you on this one huh. i like the fold.

as you can see, it's getting late here, i'm very tired huh. took a couple sleepeze about an hour ago. i like the fold. yes, i like the fold at this time. and i'm going to take the heat with you huh, and i'm going to think about this one.....tomorrow. i'll tell you what i think about your fold.....tomorrow. nite.

AceHigh
08-10-2003, 03:08 PM
This is entirely dependent on your read of your opponent. You are going to be getting like 12:2 to call this down, so he has to have a 7 like 85% of the time.

bad beetz
08-10-2003, 03:25 PM
I think if I saw him do what you mentioned, then I would call and call the river.

Huh
08-10-2003, 04:31 PM
The key for me was the board. There was nothing that changed on the turn, except the seven, that would cause him to raise. Otherwise, he would have raised on the flop. My read on him was that he was a straight-forward player, but a little too loose with the calls.