PDA

View Full Version : Maniacs in a 1-3 spread limit game

FOSTERKID1
08-09-2003, 03:51 PM
I am a new and relatively mediocre limit hold 'em player, and after a few highly profitable days at a small spread limit table I sat down to the immediate right of two maniacs (clearly friends) calling with junk and aggresively raising with most any ace, king and other highly marginal hands.

Example: I catch AcAh from early position, bet out, and am called by four or five, including the two maniacs. Flop comes down 8h10c4d. I bet out again and this time the two position players before the maniacs fold, but the maniacs themselves both call. Deuce on the turn, again I bet and am called. Another blank on the river. I bet, maniac folds, and maniac two calls and shows me the 8-4 offsuit that cracks my aces.

This hand was particularly frustrating, but there were others, such as when one maniacs picked tripped up with 2-5o etc. that sent me steaming. Any tips on how to neutralize their play and keep my head on straight?

Much Appreciated.

Squirrel
08-09-2003, 04:56 PM
Keep charging them to outflop you or outdraw you, and keep charging them $3.

Hand that are trailing (which includes straight and flush draws) go way down in value in spread limit if you charge them the max. They have little in implied odds due to the lack of a double bet on the turn and river.

Big pairs go up in value, suited connectors and the trash hands they play go way down in value.

You will have their money soon enough.