PDA

View Full Version : Starting Hands Question LL, Tiny Blinds.

RocketManJames
08-09-2003, 06:10 AM
I played in a 4/8 game with 1/2 blinds. So, often times we have 6 or 7 to the flop for $2 each. A raise pre-flop makes it $6, but most hands are unraised. Loose-passive generally.

My question is... is it profitable to play suited trash (Q7s, J5s, 94s) from the button? I was playing those recently, because of the really tiny blinds in this particular game, and I felt that I did okay. But, I am not sure if it was the luck of the draw, or if this is profitable in the long run.

Again, keep in mind that we're talking 6 or 7 to the flop on average with no raises. What do you all think?

-RMJ

Ed Miller
08-09-2003, 06:14 AM
A good player can play all sorts of trashy hands from the button for $2 in a soft game like that.

AceHigh
08-09-2003, 10:36 AM
If you play well these hands are profitable.

If you aren't sure you can play them well, you would be better off folding.

elysium
08-09-2003, 02:26 PM
hi james
you can steal with Q7s and J5s, but only play 94s from the BB for free. otherwise muck the hands you have listed unless first in from the CO or button. always muck if the game isn't passive.

Bob T.
08-09-2003, 02:38 PM
You can play these hands for a profit in this game, and position if you play well after the flop. Since we all do /images/graemlins/grin.gif, go ahead.

You might want to look back in the archives, Clarkmeister, posted a number of hands from Mandalay Bay which uses this structure.

Pretty much, you also want to complete the small blind with any two, but when I played there, I chose not to complete with some real raggy hands, because Clarkmeister was the big blind, and he was raising out of the blind a fair amount of the time, so I chose to try and save a dollar with the worst of my hands.