PDA

View Full Version : just shut the f-ck up!

ulysses1
08-09-2003, 01:43 AM
OK...I've let you know how I think Internet poker is better than being in a live game.

But, there is one thing I simply cannot freakin' stand when playing online, and that is when a table has one or two players who either; 1) want to regale the other players with their thoughts on the hand just completed, or 2) think the game is some sort of goddamned chat board.

The latter is what I really cannot stand. You know how it goes:

Player 1) nh
Player 2) ty
Player 1) had u beat until the river
Player 2) lol

Yeah, baby, thanks for sharing your freakin' thoughts.

Now, I don't really care if a couple of jerks in search of a circle really feel the need to massage each others nipples like this. But, it takes TIME to type in this kind of mindless blather! Oh, yeah, and just because it's your goddamned turn to check, bet, raise, or fold, don't let that little thing bother you. The rest of us will be more than freakin' happy to wait!

Sheeesh! I prefer to play in games having a maximum of five or six players. First, I think whatever skills I have are better suited to fewer players. Second, I like to play a faster game.

Concerning the latter, it works quite well -- until you get a Chatty Kathy or Kevin pounding away on their keyboard, or until you get a couple of people trying to make fast friends with each other.

Please, just play the goddamned game and leave your keyboards alone. There is no thought you may possibly have that anyone thinks is worth slowing the game down for!

ulysses1

miseryshiver
08-09-2003, 01:51 AM
well arent we being a big pusssy, party has a timer and i use the timer, its what it is there for, while the clock is ticking away if i wanna chat i will and if you dont like it, find another game- punk

richie
08-09-2003, 02:09 AM
IMHO, I think you need to lighten up and relax. BTW, do you TILT easily? /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

richie
08-09-2003, 02:11 AM
One more thing. Why don't you just turn the Chat feature off?

JohnShaft
08-09-2003, 03:29 AM
"You're Anti! You're Antisocial!" Anthrax - Antisocial

What gets me is people who complain (in chat) about other people chatting.

1. Um, "Freedom of Speach" Man.
2. Chatting people are usually distracted people. Distracted people play worse. This is GOOD.
3. I make a habit of chatting when at the right table. It creates a better, lighter atmosphere. Which makes people who lose money more likely to enjoy (or not hate) the experience. Bad players who lose money staying at your table is GOOD.
4. Use the fcuking "No Table Chat" option.

People delaying tables is bad, but comeon, these are rare and usually insignificant delays. Often I think the people who hate chatting are the ones who aren't sociable enough to chat. If that's your bag, or you just want to "grind it out" (as I do at times), fine by me.
But if you think you have a *right* to tell people what to do, you're *wrong*.

CrackerZack
08-09-2003, 03:52 AM
all work and no play makes jack a dull boy

Mike Haven
08-09-2003, 04:31 AM
that was a very long post for us to read

and your point is ... ?

crockpot
08-09-2003, 04:45 AM
ouch, that had to hurt.

nevertheless, i just dislike the "nh" altogether, mainly because i only see it typed in when the person who typed it has suffered a bad beat and is typing that instead of yelling at the other player and his luck. i think i haven't seen a sincere "nh" online in a good month. then again, i play mostly pot-limit omaha, which is probably the least social poker game ever invented.

Graham
08-09-2003, 09:14 AM
you shoul play plo at ladbrokes - pretty sociable bunch and it can be a lot of fun sometimes. I believe it makes the games way better; most of em have some clue about the game (with fish thrown in), they just play a bit looseish often, but a chatty fun table can set itself off if a few big pots happen.
If you're easily offended, definitely don't sit down with actionjack; he's funny but got a pretty foul mouth (also one of teh better players).

Certainly a plus to be chatty, imho.

G

Packerfan1
08-09-2003, 10:38 AM
I think someone missed his afternoon nap.

Try the "No Chat" option. Its would give you the experience of a totally silent table, which you appear to be looking for.

But by the replys it looks like your general idea is getting the support you were looking for.

Pack

ulysses1
08-09-2003, 12:09 PM
Three points.

First, you got a nice big set of Internet balls. Congratulations.

Second: I guess our interpretation of the clock is different. I see it as a gentle reminder that someone delaying the game should pull his/her head out of his/her ass. You see it an indicator of the alloted time you have left to key in your pearls of wisdon.

Third. Just because something is there, it doesn't mean you have to use it. I mean, just because there may be eight meals on a menu, it doesn't mean yuou have to order them all: Just becuase your car may be able to cruise at 100, it doesn't mean you have to travel that fast: Just because your mother has a vagina, it doesn't mean you have to bend her over and -- well, perhaps that's not a real good example in your case.

ulysses1

SirFoldsAlot
08-09-2003, 12:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"You're Anti! You're Antisocial!" Anthrax - Antisocial

[/ QUOTE ]

Wonder what ever happen to those guys

Terry
08-09-2003, 01:34 PM
My guess would be that someone here has had his chat revoked.

ulysses1
08-09-2003, 02:06 PM
Uh, perhaps you would like to explain to me how turning the chat feature off would speed the game up.

ulysses1

JohnShaft
08-09-2003, 02:09 PM
I refer the Right Honorable Gentleman to the answer I gave some moments ago.

"People delaying tables is bad, but comeon, these are rare and usually insignificant delays."

Ector
08-09-2003, 03:49 PM
Their career took a dive when Bin Ladin started sending white powder in envelopes...

Rushmore
08-09-2003, 03:59 PM
Your post is not about slowing the game down, it's about being condescending and petty. There aren't enough internet poker games for you to choose from? You have to choose the only one actually being SLOWED down by chat? (I play roughly 8 hrs./day, and I'm telling you, I cannot recall the last time the game was consistently slowed down due to chat. If it were to be, I would, of course, go elsewhere).

Someone needs an adjustment in his meds.

Acesover8s
08-09-2003, 04:44 PM
So your point is that you would like the other players in your game to quick thinking its a fun sociable atmosphere and realize that its a bloodthirsty game played for money, and they're going to need to pay more attention if they want to beat you?

I don't understand why your opinion is not the majority, but hey, something about opinions are like assholes.

Rockfish
08-09-2003, 11:22 PM

Bubmack
08-10-2003, 04:32 AM
just because there is oxygen in the air doesn't mean you have to breath it.

starschamp
08-10-2003, 04:44 AM

Mike Haven
08-10-2003, 11:35 AM
welcome back olc

MrGrob
08-12-2003, 04:48 AM