PDA

View Full Version : Should I be afraid of Neteller?

webiggy
08-08-2003, 06:59 PM
I hope someone will respond. As a US citizen trying to fund a gaming account, I've tried using a CC and have been rejected. PokerStars suggests Neteller, but am leary of giving out my SSN. Are there any US citizens out there who are using Neteller and have you had any problems, or am I just being paranoid???

Inthacup
08-08-2003, 07:02 PM
You're just being paranoid. Neteller is the most secure transaction site for gaming there is. I have transfered several thousand dollars through there an never had a problem. Do NOT use firepay. I and many others have had bad experiences with firepay. Hope this info helps.

tiltboy
08-08-2003, 07:05 PM
I'm with Inthacup on this one. I've transferred quite a bit of cash via Neteller and so far it has been nothing but excellent. My only complaint (or request really) is that I wish it was accepted more places.

webiggy
08-08-2003, 07:06 PM
Thanks, cup! But did you deposit your money before or after you slammed your quart of Jack! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

webiggy
08-08-2003, 07:14 PM
Such quick responses. You guys are great and it would be a pleasure for you to take my money someday. Anybody else out there?

Terry
08-08-2003, 07:58 PM
Cash in... cash out... cash out... cash out... cash out... etc. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

mostsmooth
08-08-2003, 08:12 PM
You're just being paranoid. Neteller is the most secure transaction site for gaming there is. I have transfered several thousand dollars through there an never had a problem. Do NOT use firepay. I and many others have had bad experiences with firepay. Hope this info helps.
---------
what types of bad experiences?

TruePoker CEO
08-08-2003, 09:59 PM
In our experience, Neteller has been the easiest system for players (and our site) to use, once the Player gets signed up. In our opinion, Neteller is definately the preferred system for deposits and cashouts.

We offer a regular 20% sign-up bonus and periodically supplement that with a Neteller promotional bonus, solely because we think their system has been the most efficient operating to date.

(I would love to know why more players do NOT use it. Any comments, other than the initial sign-up process ?

David Gzesh
Truepoker CEO

JohnShaft
08-08-2003, 10:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would love to know why more players do NOT use it. Any comments, other than the initial sign-up process ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah David I have one, though I DO still use it.
The fact that you can't combine it with your bank account outside of the US REALLY sucks.
And that to certify there at all you need to fax them a copy of your passport.
NO CHANCE IN HELL I'M DOING THAT, even if I could.

They really need to sort this out for Europeans/Antipodeans et al.

So though I use it all I can do is transfer money *around* the sites. It's handy for that. And I don't really need the money out yet. It still sucks though.

Inthacup
08-08-2003, 10:19 PM
There have been several posts over the last couple of months where people's money would disappear when trying to cashout from firepay. In each case, it was firepays fault and it took 2-4 weeks of phone calls and emails to get the money back. Granny had this happen to her a while back and you can research the post if you want to. I've never heard this happen to Neteller. I'd pull up some of the old posts, but I'm getting tired.

Cup

Rockfish
08-09-2003, 12:10 AM
Appropriately cautious is a better way to put it. I wondered the same things originally. I am now comfortable with the idea that I have money floating around out in cyberspace and I've never heard of a problem with Neteller.

I now use Neteller exclusively and have no problem with it intellectually or in actual practice. I think that if they were not careful about how they conduct their business an opportunity would open up for a company providing a similar service to do very well at their expense. As an example, Firepay has gotten some bad word of mouth on 2+2 and now I think (not sure, but I think) most of us use other services besides Firepay. I won't use them, although I do have an account.

Don't worry but keep good records and make sure you follow all instructions and that you are aware of all their policies and procedures. Don't assume anything and you won't be surprised.

Rockfish

Wake up CALL
08-09-2003, 12:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]

(I would love to know why more players do NOT use it. Any comments, other than the initial sign-up process ?

David Gzesh
Truepoker CEO

[/ QUOTE ]

Since you asked, many Americans remember how the slimey Canadian government ignored our request for help in overthrowing Saddam Hussein in Iraq. It is the least we can do in protest to not provide any help to the Canadian economy.

Gloria T.
08-18-2003, 03:54 PM
I use them but they are very slow to get money into and out of. Firepay has a much faster turn over time.

TruePoker CEO
08-18-2003, 04:14 PM
Truepoker also accepts Firepay as well. Their ACH (electronic checking account) system functions well in our experience.

Your first deposit to Truepoker from either Neteller or Firepay this week will get you a 25% bonus (existing account) or a 20% bonus (new Truepoker account). Details are on our website.

tiltboy
08-18-2003, 04:36 PM
You give a higher percentage bonus to existing account deposits than to new account deposits? That seems backwards.

LeapingGnome
08-18-2003, 04:46 PM
Not if you want to reward your customers.

Kurn, son of Mogh
08-18-2003, 04:56 PM
NETeller is legit, no need to fear.

TruePoker CEO
08-18-2003, 05:30 PM
You're right ... that's how we look at it, too.

That's also why we pay out bonuses incrementally, $10 per 100 raked hands, rather than require a player finish the entire number of hands before he gets anything. We allocate an expected "bonus expense" and want that money to reach the players who play. You get to stay and play while "limpers" get their $10, which goes back into the game, not their pockets.

Truepoker CEO

microlimitaddict
08-18-2003, 07:00 PM
hey TP-CEO -

wanted to let you know that your contact on these forums and your professional replies is most refreshing and impressive. it probably is accomplishing your desired goal (positive p.r.).
as a semi-newbie i will be making the rounds of some of the various sites to see what's out there and to take advantage of the bonus offers. i have stayed with the same two sites so far but can assure you that your representation here will likely lead to me trying your site sooner than I would have otherwise. the only reason ihave waited so long to head any place else is because i want to have enough spare money around to take full advantage of each initial deposit bonus (in other words, i am not going to open an account at party for only $50-$100...i'll deposit enough for max-bonus).

i read a couple of other threads where a couple of players seem to have issues with your site but i don't think any sites are immune to unsatisified customers or the occasional mix-up.
i was thinking of making party my next destination but am thinking of stopping by your place first and it is very much due to your apparent commitment to addressing customer concerns and questions.

just making sure you are aware that your contributions are indeed having a positive effect.

ramjam
08-18-2003, 07:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The fact that you can't combine it with your bank account outside of the US REALLY sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Er, John, I got an inordinately long e-mail from Neteller last week, the gist of which appeared to be that UK players can now cash in/cash out directly through a UK bank account.

tiltboy
08-18-2003, 08:02 PM
Well I was considering becoming a customer but I now will not since I don't think my (initial) Neteller deposits should be given less of a bonus than those from existing customers. So there, one-almost-but-not-customer heard from.

Jim Kuhn
08-18-2003, 09:48 PM
Could you make the first deposit and take the 20% bonus and then make an additional deposit for the 25% bonus. You would need to play alot of hands but it would be worth it. I am not elgible for the first time bonus as I played there alot about a year ago.

I liked the site. They had many multi player tournies each day. The competition was also somewhat soft. Much softer than Paradise or PokerStars. I will be depositing this week. Thanks David!

MS Sunshine
08-18-2003, 11:49 PM
"Since you asked, many Americans remember how the slimey Canadian government ignored our request for help in overthrowing Saddam Hussein in Iraq. It is the least we can do in protest to not provide any help to the Canadian economy. "

Oh Pleeeeeazzzze, don't be a moron or return to the Other Topics forum. Those are your choices.

MS Sunshine

Atlas Shrugged
08-19-2003, 12:20 AM
FirePay sucks, because there is a $10 fee for all withdrawals. And they have no ATM card or checks.
They also mess up people's money.