PDA

View Full Version : Two Party 1/2 hands

conform
08-08-2003, 04:41 PM
hand 1: 2 calls to LP, who raises. I call in my SB with red sixes. BB and limpers call.

flop: 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif. I check, BB checks, EP bets, called around to BB who folds.

turn: Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. check, EP bets, MP limper calls, PF raiser folds, I raise, EP calls, MP raises, I cap, called around.

river: 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif. I check, EP bets, MP raises, I fold, EP calls.

hand 2: 2 limps and 2 folds to me, i limp with 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2 more limpers and the blinds call. 7 to the flop.

flop: A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif. checked to me, I bet, the next two players call and the rest fold.

turn: 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif. I bet, fold, call.

river: 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. I bet.

comments, criticism, bah blah blah...

CMangano
08-08-2003, 04:51 PM
I think you played hand 1 perfectly. That 8 on the end was a crusher, so good fold there.

Hand 2 I would have folded on the flop.

Aces McGee
08-08-2003, 04:57 PM
Hand 1: Tough one, but I think you played alright. It seems pretty obvious that someone has a queen or better pocket pair.

Hand 2: I don't understand the river bet. You can't put him on hearts, really, because the flop was a rainbow. There's no reasonable straight draw, either. I've got to think he has an ace with a weak kicker (but I can't imagine him folding it to a river bet).

Does anyone disagree and think the river bet is a good play?

Aces McGee

Aces McGee
08-08-2003, 04:59 PM
I would've too, now that I think about it. With six other players, I'm playing my mid and low pocket pairs for a flopped set -- particularly if that flop has a big card like an ace.

Aces McGee

conform
08-08-2003, 05:10 PM
yeah, i certainly fold to any aggression here; my raise finger just gets itchy when these people start checking.

Homer
08-08-2003, 06:59 PM
Hand 1 - Bet out on the flop and hope to trap the players between you and LP for three bets.

Hand 2 - Check the flop.

-- Homer

Uston
08-08-2003, 07:40 PM
I'd bet, but, given the betting on the flop, a check-raise might have been better. If everyone called my flop check-raise, I might do it again on the turn. On the river, I'd call a bet. I might even overcall. No way in hell am I calling two cold.

On the second hand, I'd usually decline to get involved with a board like that. These games are laden with people who will call three cold before the flop with A7o. Considering that there were no draws possible with that flop and that you were called in two spots, I wouldn't put any more money in unless the turn was a 4.