PDA

View Full Version : Which online poker site

ggriffi
08-08-2003, 03:38 PM
Am looking for recomendations about which site most of you play at and what would be a good site for a beginner to online.These don't have to be based on just the players but overall experience(tech support, appearance, deposit bonus, etc.) I am probably starting with .50-1 or maybe 1-2 not a big limit player now. Manay thanks for the in advance

Inthacup
08-08-2003, 03:45 PM
The site taht most of us play at is PartyPoker.com. It has the easiest games and is the most profitable right now. Tech support SUX but if you can get over that, it's an otherwise good site. They have a fast interface and the deposit bonuses are nice. They have a refer a friend bonus where you get $25 and the person who refers you gets $50. If you want to do this, I'll return the full $50 back to you. I'm doing this as a favor for the immortal GrannyMae, you can do a little research here and find out why. Party has a wide selection of .5-1 and 1-2 games. Other sites like UB, Pokerstars and Pokerroom are running good deposit bonuses too.

Heck, I'll just PM you all this stuff, I get kinda tired of posting this stuff on the forum. Check your inbox.

Ector
08-08-2003, 04:15 PM
Best support and i m o best software is no doubt pokerstars.com you also might want to try paradise or party but IŽd stay away from Ultimatebet. Their software sucks and their service is nonexcistent. sucks sucks sucks.

oh 24hpoker.com has rakefree .25-.50 tables if u are interested in playing that low.

Hung
08-08-2003, 04:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Best support and i m o best software is no doubt pokerstars.com you also might want to try paradise or party but IŽd stay away from Ultimatebet. Their software sucks and their service is nonexcistent. sucks sucks sucks.

oh 24hpoker.com has rakefree .25-.50 tables if u are interested in playing that low.

[/ QUOTE ]

And I would say stay way from stars. Play UB. Their service is very good. I've send a mail today to UB and to stars. UB was faster. 30min faster. They both are very fast. And service at stars is prolly the best. But I still say don't go there and choose for UB.

oh yeah. Party is N1. Service is lousy, but who cares. As long as you don't contact support you'll be fine. Keep winning those pots.

Inthacup
08-08-2003, 04:26 PM
Their software sucks and their service is nonexcistent.

I used to hate their software until they added the new background feature. Changing the background has changed my entire experience at UB. Their customer support is very good in the dealings I've had with them. Stars has the best support, hands down. I'd put Paradise 2nd and UB 3rd.

ZeeJustin
08-08-2003, 06:19 PM
You should definately play on Party Poker. It has the easiest games, and a great game selection. It often has over 12,000 players online.

Also, I would take Inthacup up on his offer if I were you. This way you can spend only $50, and start off with a bankroll of $125.

Wherever you decide to play, good luck!

JohnShaft
08-08-2003, 06:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
IŽd stay away from Ultimatebet. Their software sucks and their service is nonexcistent. sucks sucks sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on. That's a ridiculous statement. Even allowing for 'taste'.

UB's software is as fast as any out there (unlike Party). It's a clean interface so you can actually see what's going on without it looking all cluttered. If it ain't your bag it isn't because it sucks per se.

And as for their service being "non-existent" I've played there for two years and had almost no problems at all. I don't think they're perfect but they're definitely in the top bracket for most everything.
If you think UB's software sucks try Party. If you think their Customer Service sucks try Party. Then you'll see what sucks really means.

Stars is a great recommnedation but not for a ring game player. If you like Tourneys fair enough, but that wasn't what he was asking about. For ring games I'd steer clear of Stars.

If I wanted good software/support I'd try UB or Paradise. If I wanted good games I'd try Party.
That simple.

crockpot
08-08-2003, 06:29 PM
check this page out:

online poker sites (http://www.uiuc.edu/ro/cardclub/onlinepoker.htm)

Ector
08-08-2003, 06:48 PM
I have by far the most disconnects with UB and i have never gotten a response from their support faster than a few hours. Not once did they make me satisfied. Pokerstars always responds within a few minutes and so far they have not disapointed me once.

also, lot of new players have started playing stars lately and the higher games have gotten much softer. admittedly i dont play as low as 1-2 but i think those games are decent too.

JohnShaft
08-08-2003, 08:33 PM
OK Ector, it looks like you have had a bad time at UB. At my end I find that it almost always runs completely smoothly. And those times it doesn't it's often better of not playing. Personally I prefer that over sites that act erattic semi regularly.

UB usually has responded within the hour mark for me, though I haven't had too many occassions to contact them. I think it does depend on who is tagged to respond to your mail. Some of them there respond almost immediately and are extremely accomodating, the odd one or two are not so good.
Still it's light years ahead of Party.

Poker Stars I will admit I haven't bothered with since the early days of the Freeroll Tournies when the software was new and there was no real $ games. Right from them days I've always hated the software. Primarily because I think it looks really, really ugly.

And as a ring game player I've not felt a need to try as Stars has had a reputation for the worst games (with the best players) for a long while.

I guess it all supports my theory that which site you prefer will depend entirely on what it is you are looking for AND your taste.
I don't think there is a universal answer.

La Brujita
08-08-2003, 08:43 PM
What site would you all say has the easiest 10-20 games? I usually play at UB and find their interface and support fantastic. I have stayed away from Party because I hate their customer support.

As a response to the original question, don't play 1-2 at pokerstars. The players are much better at that level than they are at partypoker. I sometimes play the small games to rack up my bonuses.

IMO Paradise is the best and safest place to play.