PDA

View Full Version : 3 UB.50c-$1 hands

nicky g
08-08-2003, 09:37 AM
These aren't massively interesting (another classic beginning to a post) but I've not played limit for a while so thought I'd see what people think.

Extraordinarily loose passive table. Hardly any raises preflop, people check-calling all the way with anything from top pair top kicker to no pair no draw. Rare preflop raises get a bunch of callers. Postflop a couple of players are overplaying weak hands, the rest are underplaying strong hands.

First hand, I'm on BB with 36o. A bunch of limpers to me. Flop is 245 rainbow giving me the nuts. I bet out and get three callers. Turn is a King. I bet and get two callers. River is another king. I bet out, one player fold, the other player raises, I 3-bet. He calls. Comments?

Hand 2. I raise w/AK UTG+1 with a limper to me. 3 callers behind me, BB calls. Flop is K67 rainbow. I bet out and get two callers. Turn is a not fantastic looking 8. I bet, guy to me immediate left raises, BB calls. I look at my notes on this player, see that he check-3 bet (after a check-raise from someone else) with QJ on a j106 board. Decide he does not need a great hand to raise here and 3 bet. He calls, so does the BB. Turn is an ugly 9 (making 6789K on board). Checked around.

Hand 3. I just limp UTG with AsKs. 3 or 4 callers. Flop comes 10 9 3 with 2 diamonds. Checked to me, I check, thers' a bet and araise when it comes back to me, I fold.

Robk
08-08-2003, 11:33 AM
Hand 1: I think you played fine.

Hand 2: If these guys are totally passive I think you played it OK. I would usually go for a checkraise on the flop (or the turn) though, but if you think it's too likely that it will get checked through, bet bet bet is fine.

Hand 3: Um, Raise. Flop fold is routine.

Homer
08-08-2003, 11:56 AM
Hand 1 - Nice.

Hand 2 - I'd have a tough time three-betting the turn with TPTK after a raise and a coldcaller on this board even though the raiser seems to be overly-aggressive. Were you prepared to fold to a four-bet or did you plan to call and check-call (or check-fold without improvement) the river?

Hand 3

[ QUOTE ]
Extraordinarily loose passive table. Hardly any raises preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I just limp UTG with AsKs

[/ QUOTE ]

Why just limp? I could understand doing so if the potential for a re-raise existed, but at this table you must raise.

-- Homer