PDA

View Full Version : Did I play this one right?

laceratedsky
08-08-2003, 08:47 AM
$1/$2 at Party...I had just sat down and this was my first hand at this table. I was the BB. I am fairly new to all of this so please have mercy on me /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

***** Hand History for Game 130081586 *****
1/2 TexasHTGameTable (Limit) - Fri Aug 08 07:59:43 EDT 2003
Table Card Room Table 1428 (Real Money) -- Seat 2 is the button
Total number of players : 10

knubile posts small blind (0.50)
laceratedsky posts big blind (1)

** Dealing down cards **

Dealt to laceratedsky [ 8s, Ac ]
bierdough calls (1)
dubed calls (1)
Uriel1977 calls (1)
fookfook2001 folds.
LittleWill folds.
willow0 calls (1)
WarrenMoon1 folds.
mooch47 calls (1)
knubile calls (0.50)
laceratedsky checks.

** Dealing Flop ** : [ 8c, Qc, 2c ]

knubile checks.
laceratedsky checks.
bierdough bets (1)
dubed calls (1)
Uriel1977 calls (1)
willow0 folds.
mooch47 calls (1)
knubile folds.
laceratedsky calls (1)

At this point I have the A /images/graemlins/club.gif, so I'm feeling pretty good about a nut flush here so I call.

** Dealing Turn ** : [ 2d ]

laceratedsky checks.
bierdough bets (2)
dubed raises (4) to 4
Uriel1977 folds.
mooch47 folds.
laceratedsky calls (4)
bierdough calls (2)

No help here, but the board is now paired. The bet is raised, I'm thinking maybe he has the K /images/graemlins/club.gif, or has already hit his flush. This is where I am most confused about what to do. I decide to call thinking I still have a good chance of having the nut flush.

** Dealing River ** : [ 3c ]

laceratedsky bets (2)
bierdough calls (2)
dubed raises (4) to 4
laceratedsky calls (2)
bierdough folds.

Woo hoo! Ace high flush. I call the bet here as I've still got that raise from the turn in the back of my head.

** Summary **
Main Pot: $33 | Rake: $1

Board: [ 8c Qc 2c 2d 3c ]

WarrenMoon1 balance $164.75, didn't bet (folded)
mooch47 balance $44, lost $2 (folded)
knubile balance $57, lost $1 (folded)

laceratedsky balance $10, lost $10 [ 8s Ac ] [ a flush, ace high -- Ac,Qc,8c,3c,2c ]

bierdough balance $72.25, lost $8 (folded)

dubed balance $68.50, bet $10, collected $33, net +$23 [ 8d 2h ] [ a full house, Twos full of eights -- 8d,8c,2h,2c,2d ]

Uriel1977 balance $51, lost $2 (folded)
fookfook2001 balance $75.50, didn't bet (folded)
LittleWill balance $46, didn't bet (folded)
willow0 balance $16.50, lost $1 (folded)

Ugggg lost to a full house. Who the hell plays with 8/2 anyway? /images/graemlins/frown.gif Did I play this right?

Raiser
08-08-2003, 09:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Who the hell plays with 8/2 anyway? Did I play this right?

[/ QUOTE ]

1/2 Party Poker players play this hand.

Disclaimer: I am new to Hold 'em. I am only giving advice so the sharks on the board can dismantle it and I can learn what I would have done wrong /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I think that I would have raised the flop to get some of the junk hands out of there. You have a pretty solid hand here. The pair isn't great, but that combined with the nut flush draw gives you two cards to make 11 outs. And this is not a very solid straight board (unless someone is holding JT, in which case it's a 4 outer instead of an 8). That said, if the guy stayed in on 82o from EM position a raise probably wouldn't have forced him out.

Am I right?

CrackerZack
08-08-2003, 10:29 AM
Posting hand histories is very unreadable. A story is much nice. anyway, with a pair, and over card and the nut flush draw, I'd bet the flop since there was no PF aggressor. A c/r is fine too if you think the bet will come from your left. On the river I would've 3-bet/cap whatever... and would've lost more money.

smd
08-08-2003, 10:59 AM
I would have bet or check raised the flop. It just would have lost you more money against the 82o in this situation. Nothing you can do about them playing those card except hope they continue to do it.

HUSKER'66
08-08-2003, 11:14 AM
Raisor, someone who is dumb enough to play 8/2 off is not going to fold to a flop raise, especially when he hit two pair on the flop. /images/graemlins/frown.gifUnfortunately, our hero got caught in a typical low limit online game where a lot of players will play "any two". Even holding TPTK with the nut flush draw, he should be leary of the raise once the board paired. This is a perfect example of how weak A/8 off can be against multiple opponents....especially ones that we are not familiar with their play.(hero had just sat down)

Homer
08-08-2003, 11:19 AM
On the flop, either bet out or checkraise (for value) after there has been a bet and three callers.

You played the turn and river well.

-- Homer

oddjob
08-08-2003, 04:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Ugggg lost to a full house. Who the hell plays with 8/2 anyway? /images/graemlins/frown.gif Did I play this right?

[/ QUOTE ]

someone you want in your game.

Aces McGee
08-08-2003, 05:04 PM
I actually think the biggest mistake you made was not three-betting the river. It saved you money this time...but there's no way I'm thinking full house just because he raises the turn.

Thoughts on this?

Aces McGee