PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one who...

rigoletto
08-08-2003, 05:02 AM
...miss the old 'answers to your posts by e-mail'. The whole 'make it your favorite thread to recieve e-mail and then from all posters' seems very roundabout to me!

When I get an overbearing post on e-mail from Dynasty/ telling me to raise (or reraise, or reread the post until I understand it) or from Bernie using two pages to explain that my play was standard, but there are other alternatives, or from thomasthem saying that he found my tax-return in his underpants, I think: 'jeez, what stupid thing did I write now' and then it turns out to be an answer to another post in the thread.

Of course I'm releived that Dynasty didn't have me targeted after all, but I really do need the skipped heartbeats for other purposes.

JTG51
08-08-2003, 02:30 PM
I really miss that feature also.

Rick Nebiolo
08-08-2003, 03:05 PM
I generally don't make "me too" posts but count me in. At the very least, I think we should have an option of being emailed for any reply to a thread (that we posted in) or an email reply ot our posts or be allowed to select BOTH options.

Also, what happened to 'favorite forums" on the personal home page? I can't get that to work anymore.

Regards,

Rick

thomastem
08-08-2003, 03:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
or from thomasthem saying that he found my tax-return in his underpants

[/ QUOTE ]

A couple of things. 1. What are "underpants". 2. I never cashed that check you can't prove a thing!

rkiray
08-08-2003, 09:32 PM
Vote me in on this. Homer convinced me in one of his posts to start using the "flat" format. Saves alot of time since you can download an entire thread at once. The disadvantage is you can't see that people have replied to your posts. This would not be a problem if they were e-mailed.

Phat Mack
08-10-2003, 06:39 AM
I like the new feature better. If a thread is interesting, i like being notified of all posts.