PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here an Empire affiliate?

Inthacup
08-08-2003, 02:46 AM
I'm not an affiliate for Empire, I just give people the bonuses. But, I have encountered some very strange things in dealing with Empire Poker over the last 2 weeks. I've aslo discovered some shady things that could become problematic. If anyone here is an affiliate to Empire, please PM me. I have some questions/concerns that need to be shared.

I will probably make this a public issue in the near future, but for now, I'd like to keep this a private matter. Thanks.

Cup

Hung
08-08-2003, 03:06 AM
I'm an affiliate at empire.
But I have never had someone who clicked my banner. A few days ago I promised someone I would give him the bonus. So I hope I get the money soon.

Homer
08-08-2003, 03:43 AM
Hi Cup, I'd appreciate it if you'd consider posting the specific problems you've been having. I'm interested since I'm a Party affiliate, and I assume that I'm dealing with pretty much the same people as an Empire affiliate does.

-- Thanks, Homer

jerome baker
08-08-2003, 03:50 AM
how do you become an empire affiliate?

what are the benefits?

Hung
08-08-2003, 06:24 AM
If you're an affiliate you get a bonus when you find new players for them. For example, you can get $50 for every new player you introduce to empire or any other site. It's similar to refer a friend bonus. But here you can use a link/banner.

I have an affiliate with party too. And I wonder how the 20% of the rake works. I haven't taken the 20% because it was better to take the $50 or $60. You get the money right away and you can transfer the money right away to your friends.

Does anyone know how the 20% works? Does the player have to play till the river to get the 20% of the rake? Or does he just have to pay the blind? If the player has to play till the showdown the 20% is not interesting. Because they're very few hands you play till the showdown. So the 20% of the rake is not interesing.
I don't know the details, so I just took the $50/player

crockpot
08-08-2003, 07:46 PM
my understanding is that for every pot the player is dealt in, they divide the rake by the number of players dealt in to determine his 'contribution' to the rake, and then give you 20% of that.

i've only been affiliating for a month or so, but it seems that a good theory is to take the fixed $60 for known bonus whores, and the 20% if you know the person is going to stay on the server for a long time.

joeypoker789
08-08-2003, 11:48 PM
"But I have never had someone who clicked my banner."

Don't you wonder why that is? Don't you wonder if their tracking system is really working? I've heard it from other that empire affilates don't get anything. It is a bit too much of a common theme to ignore. I'd love to hear about one Empire affilate that is doing well. Hello... are you out there?

Hung
08-11-2003, 03:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"But I have never had someone who clicked my banner."

Don't you wonder why that is? Don't you wonder if their tracking system is really working? I've heard it from other that empire affilates don't get anything. It is a bit too much of a common theme to ignore. I'd love to hear about one Empire affilate that is doing well. Hello... are you out there?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty annoying. Because I promised someone I would give him the bonus. I would get $50 and I was going to give it to him... mmmh... Nothing really to worry about. But I guess, I wont be able do this anymore. Not with empire anyway. UB is paying every month and I have never had any problems with them. I have all my friends who signed up at UB.
I asked two of my friends to sign up at party, and I still don't see them in my affilate webpage. It has been 4 days now... No such thing as easy money.
I'll write them an e-mail later on.