PDA

View Full Version : Strangest hand I have ever seen

rkiray
08-07-2003, 08:15 PM
Paradise 3/6. Loose ( 47% seeing flop) mostly passive but a couple of aggressive opponents. I'm the button with JJ. EP1 + EP2 limp, EP3 folds, MP1 raise, MP2 and MP3 call cold. CO folds, I reraise, blinds fold, EP1 and EP2 call. MP1 caps. Now the weirdness starts, MP2 and MP3 FOLD!,
if the hand was good enough to call 2 cold, why would you fold now? Rest call. 4 to flop for 21.5 small bets.

Flop : 852r

Checked to me, I bet, EP1 calls, EP2 folds? MP1 FOLDS!!???? Why would anyone fold with a pot this big, especially with a hand that is good enough to cap with?

Turn : T

check, bet, call

River : 9

check, bet, call, my Jacks win. I didn't think my opponents were any good, but I didn't think they were insane before this hand.

slavic
08-08-2003, 01:36 AM
<sarcasm>What are you talking about, you were letting of an obvious tell. They read you for the nuts and folded like a cheap suit. Congrats on tipping everyone off and loosing so many bets.

The caller on the river was probably your brother in law and he felt sorry for you. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif</sarcasm>

rkiray
08-08-2003, 11:59 AM
The play of this hand was so weird, that if I was EP1 or EP2 I would suspect colusion. I still can't imagine any hand that's good enoungh to cap preflop with (or even call a cap with) that isn't worth one bet in a 23.5 bet pot. Maybe someone hit a wrong button.

CMangano
08-08-2003, 01:10 PM
About a week ago I was in a 3/6 game at Party with another decent player. I was in MP and the decent player was directly to my right. The UTG player called, the decent player raised, I reraised with AKs, an LP raised, the UTG called 3 bets!, the decent player called and I called.

Flop came all rags none of my suit. It got checked around, lol. The turn came another offsuit rag and I started thinking maybe everyone just had overcards. It was checked to me, I bet, the pf capper folded!!!, UTG called and the decent player called. The river was another brick, it got checked around.

Decent players hand was flipped up and it was AQ and I started thinking my hand was good. Then UTG flipped up 84!!!! and won with a pair of 4's, lol.

I never found out what the capper had.

rkiray
08-08-2003, 03:10 PM
That's very similar, but your pot wasn't as big and he at least folded for a big bet, not a small one. UTG's play is amazing in your story. I've heard Party has a bunch of really terrible players.

My best guess on my pf capper is he got out of line with something like 9Ts, 77, or maybe even AKs and he didn't realize the pot was big enough to make calling correct with all these hands. He was the most aggressive player at this table. He also seemed to always cap when someone 3 bet him
(which was always me or the one other aggresive player at the table, the rest were too passive to ever 3 bet).