PDA

View Full Version : Easy game

Ulysses
08-07-2003, 05:30 PM
$15-30.

Guy to my right raises every time it's folded to him in late position. I usually fold.

Folded to guy to my right. He raises. I am in CO w/ two cards. I 3-bet. Folded around. Guy calls.

Flop is three cards. Guy checks. I bet. He folds.

Easy game.

cosmo kramer
08-07-2003, 05:47 PM
What kinds of hands do you 3-bet with here? Do you wait for a quality hand or will you make this move every once in a while regardless of your hand?

andyfox
08-08-2003, 12:53 AM
And they take me to task for sometimes raising or folding after looking at only one card.

Ulysses
08-08-2003, 02:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What kinds of hands do you 3-bet with here? Do you wait for a quality hand or will you make this move every once in a while regardless of your hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Any normal LP open-raising hand I'm 3-betting with. If I haven't played against his raise in a long time, I might do it with any hand I'd consider playable for one bet. The number of times I'll re-raise is inversely proportional to the number of premium hands I've been getting overall. The 3-bet is not nearly as effective if I've been 3-betting quite a bit in the game anyway.

In this case I had been really meek against him for a long time (he's usually more conservative - it took me a little while to realize he was speeding), so I made it 3 bets and bet the flop without looking at my hand.