PDA

View Full Version : Good Luck?... good play? oops...maybe not.

Dentist
08-07-2003, 09:50 AM
3-6 hold 'em, B&M play. 10 handed, standard loose passive game, with plenty of dumb.

early/mid position - first 3 people already called and I see KQs of hearts. I contemplate just calling, then I decide to go ahead and raise it up.

6 players take a flop for 2 bets each.

The miracle flop happens. 9 10 J with 1 heart.

Guy to my right bets, I raise, late position guy 3 bets, guy to my right caps...
I'm in shock. I just flopped the nuts and the flop just got capped 3 way. is this going to be a lame 3-way split?

Turn, 2nd heart card - i've still got the nuts.
Guy to my right bets, I limp with the intent to re-raise, late position guy raises, guy to my right 3 bets, I cap.

River (come on heart - I know no one's on a heart draw).
nope, blank.

guy to my right bets all-in, I raise with the nuts, late position re-raises, I cap.

I show the nuts, guy to my right shows the bitch end of the straight, and the late position guy also shows the nuts....

YUK.... 3 people flopped straights and it just so happened that I could only tie with another guy....

I guess I can't complain too much - at least it wasn't heads up with some guy free-rolling on me... at least I was the free-roller in this case....

Anyway, you don't see too many hands where 3 guys flop straights where both of their cards play like that... it was epic..