PDA

View Full Version : working on a new project....Word Macro to convert hand history to 2+2

whiskeytown
08-06-2003, 11:57 PM
Hey guys...you'll dig this...I've written a micro for MS word that replaces the standard internet hand notation (Ah, Kd) to 2+2 notation for cutting and pasting in...

for example...here's some stuff, pre macro.
================================================== =========
Ah, 2h, 3h, 4h, 5h, 6h, 7h, 8h, 9h, Th, Jh, Qh, Kh, As, 2s, 3s, 4s, 5s, 6s,7s, 8s, 9s, Ts, Js, Qs, Ks, Ac, 2c, 3c, 4c, 5c, 6c,7c, 8c, 9c, Tc, Jc, Qc, Kc, Ad, 2d, 3d, 4d, 5d, 6d, 7d, 8d, 9d, Td, Jd, Qd, Kd
================================================== ==========

now I cut and paste it into word...run my 2+2 macro, and voila...here's the results 20 sec. later

================================================== ==========

A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif,7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif,7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

================================================== =========

only problems I see is when someone has one of those in their name or chat...(for example someone with the name The Killer will show up as T/images/graemlins/heart.gife Killer - but small price to pay...

as soon as I can figure out how to save it and upload it somewhere you can download it into your comp., I'll make it available - or else it's easy to do with your own copy of word.

pax.
RB

crockpot
08-07-2003, 12:29 AM
i would definitely like to see this.

now, if you could find something that converted the annoying party-style hand histories to something similar to ub's, i could go for that.

LondonBroil
08-08-2003, 02:02 PM
T /images/graemlins/heart.gifat' /images/graemlins/spade.gif a really goo /images/graemlins/diamond.gif i /images/graemlins/diamond.gifea!

HeartsKing
08-08-2003, 02:18 PM
/images/graemlins/club.gifool

jasonHoldEm
08-08-2003, 04:52 PM
Cool idea.

Now if you could just get it to convert those messy hand histories into the "dialog" format it would be great. Be sure to include a way for it to list my thoughts during the hand as well, this would be a great feature as sometimes I arrive at the river not being sure how I got there (i.e. Why am I still in this hand?!?). By using your macro I could go back and discover what went wrong.

/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif
jHE

whiskeytown
08-08-2003, 06:11 PM
I had a dream one time of writing a VB app. that could take the text file of a tourney, or series of hands, and replay it step by step....

wonder if any other internet companies will take up the mantle and do so....

RB

Deadbuddha
08-10-2003, 06:32 PM
sweet, thats very cool of you
just wondering what was it you wanted to do with vb.
i'm a vb guy, maybe on my spare time i can swing something.

my email is deadbuddha@hotmail.com

jasonHoldEm
08-10-2003, 11:23 PM
ooooh that's a cool idea too.

I was thinking of tackling a VB app that could work as a more direct frontend to the pokertracker database...specifically working with the notes fields so that you could have a seperate program for your notes and then could use pokertrackers inport/export notes feature to get the notes at the table as well. I think it'd be easy, but unfortunately I graduated before my school added a second year of VB programing so I only have one chapter on working with databases. /images/graemlins/frown.gif Guess I'll have to buy the book and do it myself.

peace,
jHE