PDA

View Full Version : I QUIT Surrender Finished Forever z sell my space!

07-12-2002, 12:30 AM
If I could find the guy who invented the game of Texas Hold'em, I'd hog tie him to a tree stump and give him a boiling hot colonic. Then I'd feed him a box of laxatives and sew up his posterior with bailing wire and send him to the State Prison so Buba could play with him. Then I'd hunt down the guy who said tight and aggressive will get the money in the long run and feed him to some hungry sharks.

You gotta be nuts to play Texas Hold'em! You'd think after thousands of hours of playing time you could figure out which way is up. But, every time you head in that direction some Bozo has found another way to get up first. The players aren't getting smarter their dumber than a boat load of dead sardines. They close their eyes throw the chips into the pot and rack in monster pots for having their head six inches up their posterior's. Big cards beat little cards in the story book poker magazines but in the real world the uglier the cards the bigger the rewards. And it isn't rocket science, it's blind stupid luck, finding the most ridiculous looking poker player and giving him all the chips on the table.

Look to the skies in the direction of the Mid West tomorrow night at mid night. The SPM will be starting a bond fire with ten years of poker magazines and every stupid poker book ever written. Don't ever look for him in a poker room ever again for as long as he lives. Color him gone, heading for the craps table where at least you know your going to lose and there are no allusions. At the craps table when you got all the numbers covered, all the hard ways bet, the next roll of the dice will always be SEVEN OUT.

The X SPM,...play stupid it's the way to the winners circle...

07-12-2002, 01:13 AM
i had an award for you.--desire

i tried to tell you once not to play like the books tell you. its all a conspiricy to get good players to play bad so we can win all the cash. didnt you know that.

z,,.. helping a poor downtrodden soul

07-12-2002, 05:28 AM
I can't wait to play.

07-12-2002, 07:59 AM
hey you need a change of venue...

poker road trip...

log on to airtran.com...go to specials...

get cheap flight from chicago midway to memphis...

call horshoe tunica and arrange for poker ratee on rooms

go for 3 day stay...you'll tear em up...

gl

just do it....

07-12-2002, 08:26 AM
You may not remember me, but we played together at the Hollywood about three years ago. You were sitting on my right, and mentioned a couple times how much you hated a long-haired pro named Jeff who was sitting across the table from us.

I don't want you to take this the wrong way, since you were obviously a very nice guy and I enjoyed playing with you, but if your game hasn't improved in the past three years then I know exactly why you're losing-- and luck only has a little to do with it.

I'm not saying this to be a smart-ass. Rather, I know how hard it can be to get a good read on how well you're playing (I've had this problem before, the old 'is it me or the cards' dilemma), and I'm almost positive that in your case it's not the cards. Your game--particularly pre-flop and on the flop-- and a number of serious holes which you would do well to fix. Should you do this I'm sure your results will improve.

Yours,

GD

07-12-2002, 08:40 AM

07-12-2002, 08:44 AM
.....you play correct, you win more than you lose. You DON'T win every time - just that you should have more plusses than minuses over the long haul. You WANT bozos to come into the game with garbags. Guess what? Sometimes they win. You know that - get over it! When you're on a bad streak, it seems every Tom, Dick, and Harry draws out on you. You have to keep playing the way you've been taught - or don't play.

I am a blackjack card counter. I can tell you many stories about losing time after time in the highest of positive counts. I, as well as many other competent counters have lost their entire bankrolls playing with an "EDGE". No matter your edge, losing is still part of the equation.

SPM - most of us, myself included, think the world of you. Stop whining. But OK, since you're being a baby, may I share with you a very real, (unfortunately all-too-often) common bj experience from my recent visit to the island of Aruba. I'm playing head-to-head at a $25 min DD game. A ploppy sits down at the table and the count is starting to skyrocket. Ploppy ignores my request to wait until the shuffle, as this game/table did not have "No Mid Shoe Entry." As the shuffle card approaches, the true count is +16 and ace-rich (a verrrry favorable/profitable count). I spread to 2 hands with max bets out and the dealer is showing a 6. I get not 1, but 2 soft doubles. On the 1st hand A,3, I received a 10. On the 2nd hand, A,2, I also recieve a 10. Dr Wogga needs dealer to bust. Ploppy, with his 10,6 decides he likes seeing 10's hitting the board, so he also needs to hit. He does. No surprise, he gets a 10 for an "aw-shucks" 26. Dealer up next, turns over his hole card - a 10. Dr Wogga already knows the ploppy took the dealer's bust card. Even SPM knows the ploppy took the dealer's bust card. Is there anybody out there who doesn't think the ploppy took the dealers bust card? Guess what? The ploppy took the dealer's bust card. The dealer got an ace for 17 and put my 48 green chips into his tray. Know what? That one card was a $2,400.00 swing. Know what else? I did everything correctly and lost because of a moron. I won't stop playing blackjack. The percentages say tha in these high count/ace rich situations (which aren't very frequent) I'll sweep the dealer a lot more often than he will sweep me. I'll continue to 'bomb away' when I get counts like that. Sometimes I'll lose. Never will losing make me happy - but, whining cannot be part of the equation. NEVER. Get over it SPM. In poker, I once lost with quad Ks to a straight flush. Dealt he cards. Hand over.

07-12-2002, 09:04 AM

07-12-2002, 10:51 AM
Just forward me your e-mail addres and we can begin our consultation. However, my fees can be high.

Seriously- everyone wonders at some point if it's their play or the cards that's responsible for their poor results. I'm just letting him know that from what I saw it's probably his play. Since exaclty 0% of HE players actually quit when they say they're going to, maybe this will help persuade him to look for the leaks in his game.

07-12-2002, 11:25 AM
"Is there anybody out there who doesn't think the ploppy took the dealers bust card? "

as a former BJ player/counter, this is ridiculous thinking. Your count is about the same even though he took the 10. The odds are still in your favor about 7-8%, about the same that you started the hand with, depending on which count your using. im basing this on wongs/brauns count. you said mid shoe in DD so ill assume 1 deck left...

Another 10 could easily have came. This is hindsight thinking. What if a 5 came for him givin him 21? then the dealer busts? be a different post wouldnt it?

btw...i would never ask a player to wait til the shoe ends. in smaller places, some floor person may hear that and watch your game a little closer. Especially since your playing HU. Bite it off and suck it up. one of my goals was always to give them no information that i knew how to play the game. thats a key part of longevity for winning BJ.

b

07-12-2002, 11:31 AM
I dunno much about blackjack, but couldn't the "ploppy"'s ( whatever that is ) card draw just as easily have hurt the dealer as helped him? It seems kind of results oriented to worry what effect the extra player had.

In poker you want the "moron" because it's his money you want, but here it just seems to randomly

effect the shuffle.

I can see that you would not want him in, using up the high count deck though, is that source of concern?

D.

07-12-2002, 12:03 PM
....my point wasn't to blame the ploppy - but to point out to SPM that shit happens and move on. I'd play and bet the hand the same way a zillion times over with that count and surplus aces. The ploppy would help me as much as hurt me - no question.

07-12-2002, 05:34 PM
SPM,

i truly do. I think every poker player out there can relate. these hand percentages and other such numbers that everyone talks about are based on the vastly undefined "long-run" Only problem is our bankrolls (mine, at least) are, sadly, finite. Also, computers don't tilt, but we do, much as we hate to admit it.

I don't play perfectly (not by a long shot), but I've beaten the game for a couple of years. Yes, my game has a few holes that you could drive a truck through, but, thankfully, a lot of my opponents are too blind to qualify for a license.

I've also been broke too many times to count, mostly following a bankroll raid by my own hand (gee that three weight looks good. those golf clubs too...).

What I'm getting at, is that it's all a part of the game. as a non-pro, I find it amazingly easy to say screw it, and hit golf balls after work for a couple of weeks. I also have no qualms about spending my BR on things want, but can't afford with my real money. No use having it if you can't spend it.

Don't take poker too seriously, and you may find that the highs are higher and the lows less deep. when you win, it's a joy rather than relief, and when you lose, it doesn't seem to matter quite as much.

take a break, hit some balls, rip some fish lips, and come back when you're ready.

(keep posting, though)

07-12-2002, 07:49 PM
Well GD, since his game sucks, as you so pointedly state, can u tell him to give me back ALL the money he's taken from me? And while you're at it, make him stick his lil tipmobile...errmmm..never mind..the money will be enough.

07-12-2002, 07:52 PM
in omaha/8, bad players simply can't win. give it try. after you learn how to play correctly you'll wish you had switched from hold em a long time ago.

07-12-2002, 08:05 PM

07-15-2002, 12:58 PM
At the risk of once more being labeled a cyber stalker, or worse, by dear Wogga, I cannot resist from emphatically pointing out that his absurd claim ("I am a blackjack card counter") is rendered null and void by the admission later on that "Wogga already knows the ploppy took the dealer's bust card".

I just don't want the room to think that all blackjack players are thick as a brick. That is all.

07-15-2002, 02:20 PM
.....Please read the ENTIRE thread before posting your pompous bullshit. As a public service, I've pasted it below, since you apparently can't interpret my posts anyway other than respoding in such a constantly adversarial manner. You REALLY should adhere to Mason's advice to stop replying to my posts. This act of yours is wearing very thin. I'm wondering out loud if you're just mad because Amnesty International, pinko of all leftist pinko organizations, came down on your Palestinian buddies and "outed" them as the towel-headed terrorists they are. Further, in that same story, there was mention that "only" 68% of all Palestinians approve of the suicide bombings, down from 74%. Geez - only 68% APPROVE of suicide bombings - what a great people you support Cyrus - just great. Maybe you and Chris Alger can see if you can get back that lost 6%. Work on it Cyrus. Work on it!

For Cyrus's benefit:

The Gambling Exchange

Of Course...

Posted By: Dr Wogga

Date: Friday, 12 July 2002, at 12:03 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Stop Whining..... (David Steele)

....my point wasn't to blame the ploppy - but to point out to SPM that shit happens and move on. I'd play and bet the hand the same way a zillion times over with that count and surplus aces. The ploppy would help me as much as hurt me - no question.

07-16-2002, 01:22 AM
I don't know if your reaction was caused by my hitting on a nerve -- or standing on it! But a little probing sure brings out dividends, such as the bogus ideas abt Blackjack you have, for all to see.

Worry not : I merely outed one of your misunderstandings of the game of 21. You have shown such a deep, thorough and admirable misunderstanding of it, in all the Blackjack websites you graced with your presence, that it'd be quite easy to make this a weekly, if not daily, web column: Wogga's Voodoo.

I'm off to the registry.

--Cyrus

PS: Now, about your lame calling for Mason to intervene and stop the embarassment: very lame. Do tell us, for instance, what you think of Don Schlesinger, see if you can get half a sentence in without getting downright rude. (I wasn't.)

07-16-2002, 10:28 AM
....stop trying to be an instigator. You keep jumping into my posts over & over. It's becoming verrrrry tired. Get a life you poor excuse for a pathetic human being. Go protest Amnesty International and work on the Palestinian approval rating for the suicide bombings. Mason had you oegged correctly after all.

07-16-2002, 01:31 PM
The name-calling is typical, as are the fantastic accusations.

"Mason had you oegged correctly after all."

What has Mason pegged me accurately as? (Any chance of getting more sage Blackjack advice?)